What brand of 2 stroke oil are you using ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of 2 stroke oil are you using ?

• Echo Red Armour

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Stihl premium 2-stroke oil

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Motomaster 2 stroke oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Power blend 2 stroke oil

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Trufuel 50:1

• Trufuel 40:1

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Stihl motomix

• Other

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weight ounces and fluid ounces aren't the same thing. Fluid ounce is a volume measurement.

Your misunderstanding

Yes they are different. Oz in weight and fl oz

But some scales CAN weigh out things in fluid oz’s

Mine will[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

""Those saying they mix at 44:1 34:1 26:1 18:1""

really-likereally.jpg
Husqvarna did research on this in the 70's using a dyno synthetic oil 50:1 vs 24:1 the piston and connecting rod bearings exhibited less wear than 50:1 but they crank bearings wore just the same. Gordon Jennings sae experiment with benol and a suzuki pe 250 validated what husky reported more oil = less wear and more oil made more power due to better ring seal 50:1 was down 7% power compared to 32:1, 32:1 was down 3% power to 18:1

Your misunderstanding

Yes they are different. Oz in weight and fl oz

But some scales CAN weigh out things in fluid oz’s

Mine will[emoji1303][emoji1303]

My old lady would buy some device like this at the dollar store, I think just to irritate me

I now use Kawasaki K-tech 2 cycle oil. The first gallon I bought was $43 a gallon. The last gallon I bought was $26 a gallon. It’s great oil and FD rated. I run it at 40:1 in everything, even 2 stroke lawn boy mowers and Suzuki powered toro 2 strokes. I go through about 3/4 a gallon of 2 cycle oil a summer.

As a matter of fact is there a lower performance than a chain saw? On second thought maybe a weed eater or blower could hold the bottom or close. Thanks
2 stroke , lawn mower , post hole digger , edger , string trimmer, Roto tiller , ice auger , air cooled boat motor , blower , snow blower .....and on and on ..

2 stroke , lawn mower , post hole digger , edger , string trimmer, Roto tiller , ice auger , air cooled boat motor , blower , snow blower .....and on and on ..
I think most general use 2 strokes fall into the lower power category.... but honestly the "high performance" engines run just fine on any decent oil as well. What we consider performance in the saw world is run of the mill for other 2 stroke engines. Stock 32cc zenoah rc engines put out around 4.5hp. Ported good pipe and bigger carb normally nets between 7(piston port) and 9 hp (reed case) have a few that I've lost count of how many gallons of fuel have been through. Then you have sleds, bikes, and quads all out performing home and forest 2 strokes and living good long lives with quality oil. So yes I can agree our saws and power equipment falls in the mid to low power output category.

I think most general use 2 strokes fall into the lower power category.... but honestly the "high performance" engines run just fine on any decent oil as well. What we consider performance in the saw world is run of the mill for other 2 stroke engines. Stock 32cc zenoah rc engines put out around 4.5hp. Ported good pipe and bigger carb normally nets between 7(piston port) and 9 hp (reed case) have a few that I've lost count of how many gallons of fuel have been through. Then you have sleds, bikes, and quads all out performing home and forest 2 strokes and living good long lives with quality oil. So yes I can agree our saws and power equipment falls in the mid to low power output category.
I agree they low performance thats probably why they lost so long just like lawn mower engines give them occasional service they will last quite a while. Like an rc car or sled or dirtbike any real performance two stroke will eat rings in a season easy with use.

I agree they low performance thats probably why they lost so long just like lawn mower engines give them occasional service they will last quite a while. Like an rc car or sled or dirtbike any real performance two stroke will eat rings in a season easy with use.
I completely agree some of my race motors would not last more than twenty hours of use. My dirt bike motors that were liquid cooled had to be torn down completely with new pistons and crank bearings when they hit fifty hours. Rod bearings had to be checked for sure ever hundred hours or just replaced. Small bore like 125 cc motors had to be gone through every thirty hours. 80 CC motors might not last twenty hours. They sure were fun during those hours though. Thanks

30 hours on 125 rings is about 20 hours too long (for optimum performance)...you might be forgetting..?

brand of oil? Who knows, I bought some Lucas to try out. The last brand was showing too much carbon...

I completely agree some of my race motors would not last more than twenty hours of use. My dirt bike motors that were liquid cooled had to be torn down completely with new pistons and crank bearings when they hit fifty hours. Rod bearings had to be checked for sure ever hundred hours or just replaced. Small bore like 125 cc motors had to be gone through every thirty hours. 80 CC motors might not last twenty hours. They sure were fun during those hours though. Than

30 hours on 125 rings is about 20 hours too long (for optimum performance)...you might be forgetting..?

brand of oil? Who knows, I bought some Lucas to try out. The last brand was showing too much carbon...
The lucas is supposed to have naptha to keep carbon off the piston

What brand was showing the carbon.

Back