What gas/oil do you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penzoil and resolute are the worst outboard oil I have ever seen. Everybody thinks they have a lower unit leak from the prop seals but it's just unburnt oil dripping down the exhaust.

I seen a quart of pennzoil 2 stroke marine outboard oil at walmart for $ 3.99
I have used snowmobile oil for my saws before, so I would assume this would work good as well. thats pretty cheap!!
I would be careful doing that. I have heard that the reason they make specific chainsaw oil, is that they run much hotter than boats, bikes, or sleds, so they are specially formulated to handle the heat. The other oils break down, and don't give you adequate protection. I'm not a scientist, so I don't if that's 100% true, but better safe than sorry in my book unless I see conclusive evidence to the contrary.

Right now running Polaris Blue 32:1 reclaimed.

I seen a quart of pennzoil 2 stroke marine outboard oil at walmart for $ 3.99
I have used snowmobile oil for my saws before, so I would assume this would work good as well. thats pretty cheap!!
Stamped in my brain TCW3 oils not recommended but am sure I've used some.

I run 91 octane ethanol free and Amsoil Saber oil.
works great in my saws, trimmers and my cheap Harbor Freight 2 stroke generator.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I think we are. The place between hanover and littles town. I can't remember the name.

I think Breighner's is still considered Littlestown. The other areas in between are Brushtown and McSherrystown to the north, then Pennville to the east. Those are all towns just before you enter Borough of Hanover and into York Co.

Back