What chainsaw's did you use this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
First made a few cuts with my new Dolmar 166 (#5) followed by the Dolmar KMS-4, Dolmar PS-5000 with an unlimited coil, and the Dolmar 118 I just got running.

What did everybody else use this weekend?

Sorry, They weren't Dolmars...but

IMG_5248.JPG

I have some (lots) of down pine branches in my yard. I needed to get out of the house for a little fresh air so I ran the little poulan on that pine.

I used my 028 WoodBoss on Saturday for the first time in a year, I've had it running a few times over the last year but never in "anger".
I was surprised how much torque it has for a 47cc saw with just a muff mod and how easy it is to fuel compared to my normal "go to" saw, the MS440 0.020" squish, woods ported, muff modded screamer.

This 028 was my first ever saw and it was nice to use it again.

That 440 was Brand new before I started cutting with it this weekend. The 064 looked like this at day's end....

IMG_5266.JPG

I reckon that's dirty enough. WDO

Husqvarna 242, Husqvarna 353, Makita DCS401, Stihl 066BB, Stihl MS660 cuttin' firewood and makin' noodles

Husqvarna 242, Husqvarna 353, Makita DCS401, Stihl 066BB, Stihl MS660 cuttin' firewood and makin' noodles

Sounds like you had fun. :rockn:

I needed to retune the 242, and was comparative testing the 353 (Friday). The 401 has been muffler modded and retuned and was used for smaller stuff when I wasn't using the 066BB or MS660. That outing was intended for milling some oak (066BB) but ended up a firewood session.

It was beautiful day to be out, worked a bit, Noelle delivered lunch, and we had a few brews. :cheers:

Only saw I ran all weekend was the MS180. Nothing but splitting wood this weekend and already that saw is becoming like my righthand man around the splitter. Cut to length, trim of branch stubs etc. Sit and idle forever and just sips the fuel.

Beautiful morning around here today. Ran the 372 and the 141 fresh off porting the muffler. I know many hate the thing, but mine was running 11500rpm in 10" oak wearing genuine 3/8 chisel on the 15" bar. Don't push hard, let the saw stay up on revs and man did she EAT. Then, I forgot all about it with the 372:rock:.

My new "009" which I made from an 011 AVT, which seemed really awkward to me. I may find another 009 handle and set up both saws that way. It is small enough that the nonAV actually feels good, esp. for small cutting chores.

I needed to retune the 242, and was comparative testing the 353 (Friday). The 401 has been muffler modded and retuned and was used for smaller stuff when I wasn't using the 066BB or MS660. That outing was intended for milling some oak (066BB) but ended up a firewood session.

It was beautiful day to be out, worked a bit, Noelle delivered lunch, and we had a few brews. :cheers:

I agree, I didn't get a ton of wood done this weekend for being outside all day yesterday and today. It was so nice I wasn't trying to hurry and get inside, I just took my time and waited for the sun to go down.

Satuaday I used an 011 AVT and the 7900 and finished my 066 later in the night. Today I used the 024 and the 066;)

Back