What chainsaw's did you use this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

so you got the 038...what do you think about it?

It's ugly and beat up but it runs great. I paid $170 for it, dunno if that was a good price or not. The bar is in good shape, the chain is sharpened almost to the guide marks. It came with a worn 8 pin sprocket and cuts like a rabid beaver on steroids. Piston and cylinder look great. It needs new clutch springs and rim sprocket other than that it seems ready to go.

I have a bunch of oak and ash thats already down the 346xp did the job , alot of limbing and bucking stuff up to 10'' , I like the little 346 more every time I use it ??? The heavy saws stayed home !!!!!!

I ran my Poulon Pro 46cc with a modded muffler and cut and split about 2 cords of white and red oak.

Ran the MS200T this weekend and dropped and limbed five Siberian elms with it (12-18" DBH). Little boy (seven and a half years old) got to put the pie and backcuts in two of the trees using his trusty axe and a handsaw. The little guy lined 'em up and dropped them right where he was supposed to. I'm awefully proud of the little guy.

He's been watching the first season of Axe Men on DVD and loves it. He set up a yarder line in the back yard, got the walky-talkies out and gave me directions to send the carriage up and down the hill. We pulled about a dozen turns in 20 minutes. :laugh:

Felled a large dead standing oak with my 660, bucked it up with that and my new to me 440. My cousin also had his ms310 out.

Only saw I ran this weekend was the 335XPT... I hadn't ran it in awhile and I wanted to quarter some big nasty crotches that I didn't want to split with the maul.
We're nearly done with wood cutting for this year... 70 degrees this week, so I doubt I will be burning much wood...

TFB

Group Shot
attachment.php

Here's the latest 166
attachment.php

Here's a 16,000 RPM Dolmar
attachment.php

Dolmar 118
attachment.php

Dolmar KMS-4
attachment.php

hehehehe

Lots. 288 and 394XP's. 510/5100, andddddd the wifes MS-210... My homo buddy trying to cut her after listening to her mouth all afternoon... Lord knows women can drive you to that sometimes... hehehehehe

attachment.php

Scotty/Steve... How do I get a red cover for my 5100???

Last edited:
Started out Saturday morning climbing my first tree, a 24" DBH sweetgum. I dropped the limbs out of it using my MS180. Once all but the trunk was on the ground I started limbing and bucking them with the 026. This was the first time I have ran more than a tank of gas through it at one time. About halfway through the third tank it lost power. It would start and idle but did not have any power. Finished the rest of the limbs with the 180. My son got out his dolmar 133 to drop and buck the trunk. This was the first time it has done more than a test cut. Same story as my 026, about halfway through the second tank of fuel it lost power. It will start and idle but wont cut. This is the first time I have used Stihl Ultra, could it be fuel related.

This morning we started working in a 1/2 mile long hedge row we were just told we can have. We have about a month before the road construction crew starts dozing and burning them. We started out using the 180 and the jred 2077. We were just about finished with our second pickup load of wood when the clutch cover flew off the 2077. Broke off around the bar nuts. Anyone have a clutch cover for a 2077 they want to get rid of.

I ended up With four truckloads of wood and a happy wife. She's wanted the sweetgum out of the back yard for a couple years. I also ended up with some saws needing repair.

Used my newly aquired Stihl 026 to down some smaller trees and do some bucking (first time I've used it, worked great!) I used the MS361 to down one large tree and do some brush clearing where the 25" bar was needed for reach.

Lots. 288 and 394XP's. 510/5100, andddddd the wifes MS-210... My homo buddy trying to cut her after listening to her mouth all afternoon... Lord knows women can drive you to that sometimes... hehehehehe

attachment.php

Just out of curiosity, there was a 288 on CL out your way a bit... Probably 2 months or so ago, did you buy it? I think it was $250.

Started out Saturday morning climbing my first tree, a 24" DBH sweetgum. I dropped the limbs out of it using my MS180. Once all but the trunk was on the ground I started limbing and bucking them with the 026. This was the first time I have ran more than a tank of gas through it at one time. About halfway through the third tank it lost power. It would start and idle but did not have any power. Finished the rest of the limbs with the 180. My son got out his dolmar 133 to drop and buck the trunk. This was the first time it has done more than a test cut. Same story as my 026, about halfway through the second tank of fuel it lost power. It will start and idle but wont cut. This is the first time I have used Stihl Ultra, could it be fuel related.

This morning we started working in a 1/2 mile long hedge row we were just told we can have. We have about a month before the road construction crew starts dozing and burning them. We started out using the 180 and the jred 2077. We were just about finished with our second pickup load of wood when the clutch cover flew off the 2077. Broke off around the bar nuts. Anyone have a clutch cover for a 2077 they want to get rid of.

I ended up With four truckloads of wood and a happy wife. She's wanted the sweetgum out of the back yard for a couple years. I also ended up with some saws needing repair.

Hopefully you didn't toast the P&C's and you just need to clean out the air filters and or spark arrestor screens... Sounds like you overtightened the clutch cover on the 2077.

Just out of curiosity, there was a 288 on CL out your way a bit... Probably 2 months or so ago, did you buy it? I think it was $250.

Nope, I musta missed that... Had mine for about 2 yrs. Bought if from my BIL for $350. Been a super good runner. Had a funky problem with it though, but figger'd it out and just opened/polished the intake/exhaust. It's runs VERY VERY strong now. I love that big saw...

:clap:

Nope, I musta missed that... Had mine for about 2 yrs. Bought if from my BIL for $350. Been a super good runner. Had a funky problem with it though, but figger'd it out and just opened/polished the intake/exhaust. It's runs VERY VERY strong now. I love that big saw...

:clap:

Nice. I figure I'll get one when I can afford it and a good deal on one comes along. :cheers:

Cut a bunch of downed small birch limbs with my little Mac 3216,then sharpened the 3/8"chain on our old 55 huskie,and used it to rip a few stubborn lengths of forked oak,and pine,it made some cool noodles.Also ran dads old 041 a little,just to clean up a few stumps that were too high.

Hopefully you didn't toast the P&C's and you just need to clean out the air filters and or spark arrestor screens... Sounds like you overtightened the clutch cover on the 2077.

The clutch cover has been cracked for over a year and it waited until everything else was breaking to finally let go. I probably have overtightened it a few times. The bar nuts tend to come loose on me for some reason. I should have had a replacement for it already but I waited a bit too long. The 2077 has cut a lot of wood and is my favorite saw. The 133 and 026 both still have good compresion. They will start and run for a while but then start loosing power. I was thinking it could posibly be the coil on at least one of the saws. I have 3 more 133 parts saws with good P&C's so if it is toasted I am prepared.

Last edited:
Here's a 16,000 RPM Dolmar
attachment.php

There is a few things different about this saw other than the hood.

You either gotta know somebody in europe to send you one or paint one like I did. Case "Power Red" or "Flambeau Red" is close. I had some paint left over after painting the '52 Case DC tractor a few years ago.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back