what comparable saw to MS261?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHJim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have two MS361 and thinking of selling one (the one with 18" bar) to get a lighter saw for more small jobs. Originally I got the MS361 used and was going to give to a old friend of my dad's but before I could get to him he had a stroke and got put in a nursing home. So I have held on to this saw and have put in 5 tanks of gas myself on a small job and previous owner put in 3 tanks and realized he needs to get a bigger saw as he has a wood burning stove. I am going to go through this saw and clean it up and see what to do about this saw.

Thinking of getting something along the lines of a MS261 and get it modded (just for the heck of it). Not sure if I want to buy a new saw considering I don't use it that much. But what is a comparable saw to a MS261 such as a Husky? 346? I definitely want a pro saw.

Where do you buy these tools to test compression? I want to make sure the one I plan to sell has good compression so I need to locate/buy this tool.

And no I do not plan to swap a used MS361 for a used MS261 lol.

Buy a Jonsered 2253 from Tlandrum. Great value awesome performance and might I add easy on the back and hands.

you think the Big Orange will get lonely if a Red is next th it lol.

I think in Tractor Supply in KY I saw a Jonsered 2253...not sure of the model. Does Tlandrum have a website?

Just private message him and he can give you his website. I'd tell you if I could remember it. Terry is a good guy to do business with. Prices are hard to beat and service can't be touched by a box store. Message him and he'll get you taken care of.

you think the Big Orange will get lonely if a Red is next th it lol.

I think in Tractor Supply in KY I saw a Jonsered 2253...not sure of the model. Does Tlandrum have a website?

Wickedworksaw.com

Of course I am joking ... or maybe not. There exists no actual video footage about the real differences. At least I havn't seen any. So all we hear is constant religously repeating of the same monologue. I believe there are enough out there that have both saws in unmodified version. Let's see some evidence. And to be honest I'm sure there is going to be 1-2 seconds difference, but in real life forest work that is just a snail fart.
It was the same situation with the new 6100. Some people started comenting although there was no documentary available at all. The only evidence I have seen was from "dolmar166" comparing it to a Husqvarna 562 with one second differnce in the cut. Now that sure was a difference! One second. But then again with the larger fuel tank you have a longer cutting time. But who cares about these little details....

But I find this constant fanaticism quite annoying and am not going to comment about your crusade anymore.

That's good to know. Or is it? Now I am unsure.

Terry just lowered his price to $675 for a need 2253 ported already and delivered to your doorstep if you live in the lower 48. Seems like a no brainer

Terry just lowered his price to $675 for a new 2253 ported already and delivered to your doorstep if you live in the lower 48. Seems like a no brainer
Bloody hell! That's a fantastic price! Hmm, now what have I got to sell....

Sent from my GT-I9210T

Back