What did you get done today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guido Salvage, all these years here and I didn't realize you were a woman, just never thought about it I guess. Might explain some of your posts.

You like me any better now?

cherie_currie_chainsaw.jpg

Sigh. It's OK, I asked for it - line up and take a shot.

Just finished my day's stint on the wood pile. Repiled a 23ft rick that had fallen over a couple months ago (priorities, priorities :))

Worked up the awkward chunks, thins, shorts, etc. that accumulate with the Fiskars (fun!) and piled them separate to dry a year before I use them first next fall.

Still waiting on my rider mower to finish being serviced. Will walk down to retrieve it in about an hour (if ready) 3/4 mile. Will browse the Stihl display while there. Anyone else live that near their dealer?

Had a few showers, not enought to measure in the guage but the damn grass took the oportunity to green up - needs trimming again.

Half past beer in another hour, yay!

Harry K

well, Monday we finally got all our logs processed and bagged, we didn't have one log around the whole property. Took the time to re-organize the stockpile on some 2" trap for better drainage. Yesterday I went and hauled in a couple cords of hickory. This morning we spread 20 ton of process under the new storage area and started building a bin out of the bags for the stockpile for next year. tomorrow we'll start splitting for 2012-13 in the rain.

I also changed the oil in the new speedpro, noted that I will finally need to fill it up after 6 hours on the tank full of gas.
View attachment 202709View attachment 202710

Well, today was supposed to have fewer rain drops than yesterday. Sadly, this was not the case so during day #2 of mowing operations shut down I made a little more progress on the pile of limbs and about a quarter of the truck unloaded and split. Call me crazy and I may be getting soft in my old age but working in the rain just ain't fun anymore!

well, Monday we finally got all our logs processed and bagged, we didn't have one log around the whole property. Took the time to re-organize the stockpile on some 2" trap for better drainage. Yesterday I went and hauled in a couple cords of hickory. This morning we spread 20 ton of process under the new storage area and started building a bin out of the bags for the stockpile for next year. tomorrow we'll start splitting for 2012-13 in the rain.

I also changed the oil in the new speedpro, noted that I will finally need to fill it up after 6 hours on the tank full of gas.
View attachment 202709View attachment 202710

How do you like those vented bags? How long have you been using them? I'm keen to see how well they hold up after a while exposed to UV light - whether they are still OK come the next season when it's time to sell that wood.
Also, do you notice any significant difference between the moisture of the outside and inner wood in those bags?

Thanks.
202709d1318538789-imag0972-jpg

202710d1318538797-imag0973-jpg

Hello,
Nothing much to speak of...........my good friend from Florida will be here in the next couple of minutes for the week-end so Wanda and I were getting the house ready for guests !!!! I have a fire in the wood stove, it's nice and warm in here and I'm on my third Malibu and cranberry.....life is good !!!!!!!!!

Henry and Wanda

Well i dug about a 60ft ditch out to the waterstove [between rain showers]for my circulating pump , so it will come on and off via a relay when heat is called for , this should save a few sticks of wood , without the pump running all the time. I'm tired and muddy Termite

Well..I ported the jug on my 028 while awaiting the piston to arrive and then I went and washed it out really good in the kitchen sink!!Shhh...don't tell the wife!:msp_w00t:
Rich

Got up at 4:30. Drove school bus from 5:30 - 9:00. Hauled, unloaded, and stacked a cord of firewood at a customers house before lunch. Back to the bus barn at 2:00, drove bus till 5:30.Loaded a rick of firewood, (for delivery tomorrow), from 6:00-6:30. Called it a day and went to the house.
Jeff

Well..I ported the jug on my 028 while awaiting the piston to arrive and then I went and washed it out really good in the kitchen sink!!Shhh...don't tell the wife!:msp_w00t:
Rich

Done that so many times...she doesn't even get mad anymore. She's even encouraged me to buy a saw or twelve cause she likes the toasty warm feeling when the global warming flakes are falling outside. Yup...she's a keeper!

Stacked 4/3cord during the day.

While watching the news they showed the radar weather and all that yellow had me off the couch and out putting a lid on the wood for the night. There was something skunky keeping me company out there too, phew.

Boy this is embarrassing.. This is coming from the guy who was just whining on this forum about not being ready for this winter.. (ME)

Woke up yesterday morning about 7... Took a few ibuprofins to kick the hangover from the cookout Saturday night. After about an hour I was feelin good and ready to cut some serious wood. Well lo and behold the rain started. Not a serious rain but enough to take me from SLOW to SNAIL. Wife was up and started cooking some breakfast. OK,,, we'll wait for that...
After breakfast it was still raining so I figger we'll sharpen a chain or two before I tear up the woods.. Oh ya,,, outta blow out the air cleaner while I'm at it. (just delaying gettin out there in the rain)
Well a buddy stopped over to BS and we thought a beer would be a good idea. (gonna go cut down a forest after this)
Well after 3 beers we decide that we should call another buddy and see if he wants to go cut some wood.
He says sure but I gotta sharpen a chain first. Buddy shows up and while sharpening his chains a couple more beers get emptied. By now it's 2 in the afternoon and not one stick of wood has been cut.
While sitting in my shop planning out the decimation of the woods, a couple more friends show up just to BS. Seems that more beer is in order.
By now, starting a chainsaw is a slightly dangerous idea so we opt to just sit and drink.

Final score:
Lotsa beer
No wood
Nother hangover

Latest posts

Back