What do grommet and plug do on bulkhead of 55 Rancher?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtGenerator

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I had to replace the bulkhead on my 55 Rancher when I stripped the threads out of the plastic. When I received the replacement it had a rubber "stopper" in with it which I interpreted as the "plug" illustrated in the parts guide.
When seated the new bulkhead, the air nozzle comes through a hole in the bulkhead. I tried to connect the new "plug" part onto this nozzle with no success. I compared it to the part I'd removed from the original bulkhead (grommet?) and it was dissimilar. I reconstructed the saw using the original grommet and left the "plug" on the side.
I think I returned the saw to the condition it was in albeit with the new bulkhead. I just hate having leftover parts.
I can't see how the "plug" would work and to what purpose.
Thie idea here is to pull unfiltered air through to the fins on the fllywheel, right?
GrommetPlug.png installed 1.jpg installed 2.jpg Plug.jpg

Yes air is pulled across the fins on the cylinder,cooling the cylinder and is then funneled to the air box outside the filter. I guess there may be a slight benefit that the air is warmed slightly as it passes over/through the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back