What do y'all think of the husqvarna 340

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boutselis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I can pic one up cheap. It is said to run fine and idol but I don't know what it looks like or how old it is. Its only $40 though.

Worth the money?

I have one, get one.

16" bar works great, may take mine down to 14" but not anytime soon.

Get a loop of RSC and it's GTG.

That is what my dad runs...Never had any trouble that he did not cause :hmm3grin2orange:

just make sure it's not a "false idol". Nyuk nyuk.

Get it.

Sure make fun of the guy who gets words like idol/ idle and their/ they're and wether/ weather mixed up because he types to fast and relies on spell check to much.

we are easy targets for you school teacher / comedians. HA HA (no. I don't know how to use those smilie things either) :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure make fun of the guy who gets words like idol/ idle and their/ they're and wether/ weather mixed up because he types to fast and relies on spell check to much.

we are easy targets for you school teacher / comedians. HA HA (no. I don't know how to use those smilie things either) :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

grammar cops man, they're everywhere :hmm3grin2orange: I usullly make the besd meestakes when corrrrrecting udders.

If that saw runs, sounds like a great deal. If you're concerned, check a couple of things before you buy. Pull the muffler off and look inside the cylinder if you can. Check for scoring on the piston. If you have a compression tester, or can borrow one, check that too. Beyond that, if it idols ;) and cuts, what else is there? Well, look for cracks and stripped/missing bolts too.

I have one. got it second hand and it is rather old and has metal in places where newer models have now plastick and it is a good saw for what it is. been felling a couple of 22" trees with it`s 18"bar and it was ok. not great but ok. I guess that with a 16 bar would run better. mine has a spur sprocket that I am not happy about (and needs to be replaced btw).
other than that is great. It could been somewhat lighter; considering the metal parts it feels like a 346XP but just when you hold it,not when you cut wood.
for 40$ I`ll get another one in a bit.

Back