what do you do for fun? offroad Kartin pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonykill

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I meantioned my Dingo/honda shaft drive 250 hybrid yesterday. Here are a few pics of Austin my son, and I playing in a little snow today.

IMGP04781.jpg

this one was a little blurry, I took it while chasing him on my kart

Austin slammin a corner , note the tire wall, one of Austins additions to the track

IMGP04731.jpg

his basic kart was free. I welded on the roll cage from scrap steel and added a swingarm, also free scrap steel. We still have front suspension in the garage to add.

My kart

IMGP04571.jpg

think I'm having fun?

IMGP04541.jpg

downshifting for the corner, notice the "reach around" to downshift

IMGP04531.jpg

it may be ugly, but hey, I didn't build it, and it was free. Its an idea a friend of mine , who is 16 years younger than me, came up with after drinking all day. He got tired of it, and gave it to me. after looking at this pic, guess I need to break out the mig

IMGP04522.jpg

That's a road warrior setup if ever one was seen. :clap:

I"ve a three wheeler too, that pic should scare it back to working right.

I agree with wdchuck Stony, that one your riding looks like it came right out of the Australian outback in the aftermath of WW III. OK, Karting looks like a blast... especially in the snow. But... you asked what I do for FUN?????

millinglog.jpg

ohh, trust me woodshop, I enjoy that too.

Yesterday when I was skidding logs, the grin on my face was just as big as it was kartin.

My mind needs downtime from wood. To steal a phrase from Glenn Beck, I like to joke that I have adult ADD. Short attention span sometimes. I need a diversion.My mind needs a break. Milling also is that diversion. But ...... there is nothing like jumping on the Mad Max machine( still laughing about that, you are so right), and just going nuts. Plus, this gives my son and I a great thing to do together. We are currently gathering parts for a trail bike, free frame and assorted parts, and there is the free Hodika Ace 100 sitting in the workshop under an inch of sawdust, waiting to be revived.

Life is good. Self employed, better than that nearly self sufficient, toys, all the tools I want to get any job I want to do, done, a rock band, and I just have a blast. All for next to nothing.:givebeer: gotta be n/a tho

Last edited:
My fun for the day...Snow blow a path from the road up the hill out at the woodlot. That is about 800 feet in from the cabin...

attachment.php

Looks like I had a guest overnight.....

attachment.php

Here is a close up of his bed... I think I need to charge him room and board seeing as he ate some of my apple and pear tree on his way by.

attachment.php

My fun for the day...Snow blow a path from the road up the hill out at the woodlot. That is about 800 feet in from the cabin...

attachment.php

Looks like I had a guest overnight.....

attachment.php

Here is a close up of his bed... I think I need to charge him room and board seeing as he ate some of my apple and pear tree on his way by.

attachment.php

what is it? where are you from...there sure isn't any snow around here!!

what is it? where are you from...there sure isn't any snow around here!!

It was a moose. Second set of tracks that have been up by the cabin this month.

He walked right over to the neighbours.
attachment.php

Here is one that was at my Sister in Law's house in september.

attachment.php

This is the wood lot which is in Holyrood Newfoundland, Canada
and I live 40km away in the town of Paradise which is a suburb of St. John's Newfoundland.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back