What do you do to pull yourself over the branch at the top?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes them attributes they are only good to owner of property, the property is an asset, or they may be a liability if the owner or buyer does not desire them, you don't buy an expensive car remove the fully loaded leather seats and refer to them then, as an asset. The car is an asset the seats are an option, and if the buyer hates leather they become a liability. A land developer does not look at all the trees in a potential neighborhood as assets, some are liabilities. If they were assets he could sell them and make a profit instead of bulldozing them out of the way. They are many positive things, But an asset is something you own unto itself that you can exchange for for monetary compensation.

Increase Your Home's Value With Mature Trees
By Valerie Finholm, FrontDoor.com
Well-maintained yards can fetch a higher price and quicker sale

Towering trees on your property provide more than beauty -- they increase the value of your home.
Several recent nationwide surveys show that mature trees in a well-landscaped yard can increase the value of a house by 7 percent to 19 percent.

A lush lawn with flower gardens is pretty, but didn't add to the value of a house, the surveys showed.

Continued at link:

http://www.frontdoor.com/real-estate/increase-your-homes-value-with-mature-trees

Increase Your Home's Value With Mature Trees
By Valerie Finholm, FrontDoor.com
Well-maintained yards can fetch a higher price and quicker sale

Towering trees on your property provide more than beauty -- they increase the value of your home.
Several recent nationwide surveys show that mature trees in a well-landscaped yard can increase the value of a house by 7 percent to 19 percent.

A lush lawn with flower gardens is pretty, but didn't add to the value of a house, the surveys showed.

Continued at link:

http://www.frontdoor.com/real-estate/increase-your-homes-value-with-mature-trees
I'm not denying they are beneficial, but look up the definition of the term Asset, I've given you the definition and trees can not be sold as an asset. Trees come with property they can't be sold unless they are lumber or saplings, they don't fit the criteria of asset, yes they can increase your homes value and be beautiful, but they aren't the definition of asset.

I'm not denying they are beneficial, but look up the definition of the term Asset, I've given you the definition and trees can not be sold as an asset. Trees come with property they can't be sold unless they are lumber or saplings, they don't fit the criteria of asset, yes they can increase your homes value and be beautiful, but they aren't the definition of asset.

Trees fit the definition of 'asset'.

as·set
ˈaset/
noun
noun: asset; plural noun: assets
a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.
"quick reflexes were his chief asset"
synonyms: benefit, advantage, blessing, good point, strong point, selling point, strength, forte, virtue, recommendation, attraction, resource, boon, merit, bonus, plus, pro

Trees fit the definition of 'asset'.

as·set
ˈaset/
noun
noun: asset; plural noun: assets
a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.
"quick reflexes were his chief asset"
synonyms: benefit, advantage, blessing, good point, strong point, selling point, strength, forte, virtue, recommendation, attraction, resource, boon, merit, bonus, plus, pro
Wasn't the definition I found, I hear the term and think of it in a legal context, going after a persons assets. You're right I forgot it can be used in that context.

Why do you think I'm a rookie?

Because every pro in this industry that I know think of trees as an extremely valuable asset for both people and the planet.

Quit talkin like a rookie, and I'll quit callin yu one, deal?

jomoco

Because every pro in this industry that I know think of trees as an extremely valuable asset for both people and the planet.

Quit talkin like a rookie, and I'll quit callin yu one, deal?

jomoco
They are, I'd love to have a yard w/mature burr oaks, live oaks would be fantastic but I don't live in Florida. But my livelihood, where I do best is removals, and people will always want trees removed. As far the planet, the planet won't suffer because I surgically remove an unwanted tree even if it's healthy because a customer wants a pool or deck. That comes from mowing down forests, like the Amazon and the Pacific northwest, I just want to get up have a destination to go to in the morning, put difficult to remove trees on the ground, get paid very well to do it. I don't wish to log and clear cut that's no fun, at least not to me. I provide a service that you couldn't pay the average person to do, I'm sure you've heard a customer say "you couldn't pay me enough to do that".

I have been reading through this, posted some, ignored most. DLCRL is a tree cutter not a arborist. That's fine. But there is a difference. I wonder how much of this is him just trying to get the goat of some of the few remaining arborists on this site. I also wonder if he has not been here before and just trying to get under the skin of folks here. If your making a ton of money cutting trees, I'm happy for you. Most of the guys that I know that are great at what they do don't talk much about it. I climb but I'm a ****** climber. That being said I work for one of the best climbers in the world. He's competed in climbing world wide and has the trophies to show for it. Thing is, he's not very quick to talk about how great he is or talk about how much money he makes. I'm a PHC guy. I love trees. I love what I do. I love to care for trees. That's what arborculture is all about, caring for trees. To say a tree is not a asset is just ignorant. A couple of the guys have pointed you to tree appraisal links and you just have not payed much attention. Check out Perdue's website. Google Perdue tree appraisal. Do you think these unversities, Perdue being one of them, spend the time and the money assesing a value to something that does not exist? Trees ad value enviromentally, they improve the beauty of a home site, and they are something that links the homeowner with times past, when great trees dotted the landcape. They ARE a asset. They improve the value a property. How can you say something that is 100 maybe 200 years old is not something to be valued? You can't replace it. If you wanted to it would take maybe three lifetimes. Maybe the great money you are making clouded your view a bit. It has to many. This is one of the times I wish treeseer was around. Me and him have locked horns a bit, but boy that man loves trees.

I don't sell much, I show up and give the customers or company owner what they asked for, I'm not out there talking people into removing their trees, people have all kinds of reasons some valid and some purely self serving, but most have one thing in common, they want the tree down w/o it landing on insert structure of your choice here. And that's where I come in.

For your edification.

https://www.itreetools.org/

As soon as they put restrictive tree removal bylaws in your hamlet, like many other municipalities around, you'll be able to tell us how you're making $15k/yr as a Walmart greeter, and own your own shopping cart.

Restrictive tree removal bylaws are instituted because the populace sees the urban forest as a non-tangible asset for their town.

The use of the term non-tangible asset has been in place for at least 20 years. Look it up, it's in the books.

For your edification.

https://www.itreetools.org/

As soon as they put restrictive tree removal bylaws in your hamlet, like many other municipalities around, you'll be able to tell us how you're making $15k/yr as a Walmart greeter, and own your own shopping cart.

Restrictive tree removal bylaws are instituted because the populace sees the urban forest as a non-tangible asset for their town.

The use of the term non-tangible asset has been in place for at least 20 years. Look it up, it's in the books.
It won't be a problem here, we have an abundance of trees, the city foresters have very little affect on what I do, I know my way around them. It's one of my assets.

DLCRL's way of thinking is what's wrong with this country, short term profit is more important than long term conservation. I gave up along time ago trying to convince people to see things different. The only thing I can do is think about my children and there children and the children after them that will have to live with my choice to put personal greed above the overall good and survival of our existence, at this point im just hoping mother earth takes us out sooner than later. I could never understand the thinking behind the belief that the earth is an endless supply of resources that is here for me to take with nothing in return. Scew the earth, and Screw you it's all about me me me, god will always protect and provide as long as I carry out his plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLCRL's way of thinking is what's wrong with this country, short term profit is more important than long term conservation. I gave up along time ago trying to convince people to see things different. The only thing I can do is think about my children and there children and the children after them that will have to live with my choice to put personal greed above the overall good and survival of our existence, at this point im just hoping mother earth takes us out sooner than later. I could never understand the thinking behind the belief that the earth is an endless supply of resources that is here for me to take with nothing in return. Scew the earth, and Screw you it's all about me me me, god will always protect and provide as long as I carry out his plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We wouldn't have to conserve so much if more were forward thinking. In 1960 we had about 180 million in this country, today 315 million. I've reduced my carbon footprint exponentially I live my life for myself, and since I've no progeny I feel I deserve fraction of resources they would have consumed, can you make this claim? I received this place used, no one worried about what looked like before I received it. No one is regulating how many are allowed to live here so that resources are more evenly divided. There are those here that receive a free ride that you're paying for. I've never received welfare or unemployment, I'm self sufficient, more importantly am I close enough to anyone posting that I'm personally impacting them? No one here is impacting myself, so I really don't care. That's part of the problem w/this country, everyone is interfering, instead of concentrating on their own affairs.

Back