What do you do to pull yourself over the branch at the top?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laugh: how much did it cost to replace that fence. No shirt and shorts....what a hack:laugh:
Again that wasn't me, it was summer he found the job, someone calls up w/work I show up, in his case though I use my trailer he finds labor, I make about 60%, do you wear any PPE from your waist to your neck when it's summer?

DLCRL- you seem to like poking a lot of the bears around here. Money and the amount you make is not the end all be all. Just remember, one day your going to be slower and there will be someone faster and cheaper than you. Its not a matter of if but when. I hope you're saving all that money because that day will come. Be safe.

DLCRL- you seem to like poking a lot of the bears around here. Money and the amount you make is not the end all be all. Just remember, one day your going to be slower and there will be someone faster and cheaper than you. Its not a matter of if but when. I hope you're saving all that money because that day will come. Be safe.
Check out the thread on here where someone asked"How long do you intend to climb" there are guys who are my seniors still going strong, I intend to keep going until it's no longer profitable and fun, seriously they are 50 and 60 even.

Check out the thread on here where someone asked"How long do you intend to climb" there are guys who are my seniors still going strong, I intend to keep going until it's no longer profitable and fun, seriously they are 50 and 60 even.
And when they can't do it anymore they probably have money saved to retire....what are you gonna have besides your BMW?

No doubt there are older climbers still doing it but they tend to be the exception and not the rule.

And when they can't do it anymore they probably have money saved to retire....what are you gonna have besides your BMW?
I didn't break the bank to buy that car, it's 40k by August it was paid til April it's just an affordable toy, if put my mind to it I can have $300k put away in 5 years, what's the point of making a good living if you never have fun and spend anything on frivolous pursuits?

No doubt there are older climbers still doing it but they tend to be the exception and not the rule.
That may be, but it plays into my wheelhouse, I live for being the exception and I am in many instances.

Why a bmw? Climbers like zl1 camaros, 5.0 mustangs z06 vettes, hellcat challengers........ cars with balls!!!

It's lot of fun to drive and handles like it's on rails, I've owned Camaros a Trans Am none of them handled like my Z4, I don't know if I'll ever buy a sports car w/o backseat again.

I'll bite Jeff. How much do you make driving around in a collared shirt telling all your crews what to do? You probably do make a bazillion dollars a year if it keeps you out of the trees. ;)

Trimming doesn't require a lot of cognitive thinking it's like being a stylist, but removals are a giant chess match, I'd do them exclusively if it was an option.

Then why do the munis require trained and certified people to do their prunes while the removals are usually done by Two Crackheads and a Pickup.

Removals are intellectually easy. Proper pruning requires the thought.

Then why do the munis require trained and certified people to do their prunes while the removals are usually done by Two Crackheads and a Pickup.

Removals are intellectually easy. Proper pruning requires the thought.
I've only ever smoked pot in my life it's probably been 5 years since I did, I'd rather let the later do trims as opposed to them handling the sensitive, destructive potential of a removal, I mean let's face it even if the trim is near the house, the destruction inflicted would be minimal compared to a removal.

Most of us have respect for a 100 year old asset that a hack can destroy in a couple hours with a bad prune.
Hey if the customer is happy, the owner is happy, then I'm happy. An asset is something that you own has cash value and can be sold for monetary gain.

Hey if the customer is happy, the owner is happy, then I'm happy. An asset is something that you own has cash value and can be sold for monetary gain.

Properly cared for trees are such an asset.

They can quickly be devalued out of ignorance on both the owner's and contractor's ignorance.

People often don't realize that the 'good price' they thought they were getting on sub standard tree care actually resulted in a 'big loss' in property value.

Spiking prunes are a prime example usually compounded by the climber (note I didn't say 'arborist') not knowing what do prune once in the tree.

Back