What do you do when a client offers you a bonus.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?! I was there for 2 months in 96 teaching for the Wellington Gliding Club at Paraparaumu and nobody mentioned that THAT was LEGAL!

It was pretty lonely living in a caravan on the airport.

I did get a few tips though as I remember...

its only recently been made legal, like past 3 years i think

It is unethical for all you guys to accept anything over the amount quoted. However, that being said, you can send the excess amount to my Help Me Out Foundation. It will clear your conscience and make me feel good. I promise I will use it in a manner that benefits me the most.

It is unethical for all you guys to accept anything over the amount quoted. However, that being said, you can send the excess amount to my Help Me Out Foundation. It will clear your conscience and make me feel good. I promise I will use it in a manner that benefits me the most.

Whats the Address?

I take the guys out for lunch, had 1 time tho, did work for a old Chinese Doctor, he came out and gave all my guys a 100 bucks, didn't give me jack! told me I should have marked my bonus in the invoice! But of course, I already had :smoking:

I find tips a little demeaning. I'm not some $2 an hour waiter who lives on tips-i'm a highly paid professional. Besides, most homeowners don't know whether i actually did a good job or not-every cut could have been messed up and they would be happy as long as long as their yard is raked.
That being said, any tip i get goes to my groundies. They are usually the ones who deserve but often don't get it.

LOL, I had an old woman come out from a neighboring property onetime and give me a $20 tip and my guy a $50 tip... :chainsaw:

The tre had fallen across the privacy fence into her yard and the HO who's property the tree was on was footing the bill. No climbing, just cleanup. I guess she thought my guy was doing a better job with the rake! :hmm3grin2orange:

Believe me, there have been a couple that I have underbid severely and appreciated the tip given (onetime $300). However, when I am receiving tips it tells me that I didn't bid high enough to begin with. However, I keep any tips given, split it with my guys and sleep like a baby at night.

Say, wasn't Australia or New Zealand once a leppers colony?

Puts a whole new meaning back at the brothel about "here, you can keep the tip....."

Back