What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, How bout the worst Husky pro saw, and why? :popcorn::beer:

570, as it doesn't deserve that designation at all, because of the excessive weight for the power (I really think the "P" on the website is a mistake/misprint - it would be too stupid if it is intentional).

570, as it doesn't deserve that designation at all, because of the excessive weight for the power (I really think the "P" on the website is a mistake/misprint - it would be too stupid if it is intentional).

Could be,,, Its listed with all the landowner saws on the site,,, But your right, it does have a ''P'' beside it. Looks like a boat anchor on paper.

The 570 is a good saw, it just boils down to what the operator is used to using and what the rest of us are used to using. On a processor or a tandem load, it works wonders, for a user thats replacing a vintage homelilte or mcculloch...once again works wonders.

Weight to power ratio isn't the best, but in certain markets as mentioned before the price to power ratio is terrific.

In my opinion, as thats what the original op was asking, I think Husqvarna's best saw if the 55 (albeight I do prefer my 353 and sister).

Somehow, you managed to get all your statements about weights wrong - not a single one is even close to true........:msp_biggrin:

I gave my opinion, I know what I like and don't like, I thought we just went through this, I don't like the length and extra weighted feel of the 385xp, never said it was a bad saw, just feels wrong in my hands seems heavy and sluggish. Side by side same bar and chain there is maybe 1.5 pounds between the 372 and a 288, mind you I didn't weigh it my preference is the power, thus I like the 288. That's my opinion that's what I thought the question was a request of a opinion, there is mine. You wanna pick **** with someone, cool it won't be me. I gave my opinion It was never intended to be perfect or right for everyone just my honest opinion and preferences, now enjoy yours and have a nice day.

Its already been said - but I want to vote too….there can't be only one.

372XP - hands down, righteous saw
350 - best small saw, period.

Oh now Jacob, we kept the Stihl thread clean.:mad:

I'll try not to take that personal :chainsaw:

No major saw manufacturer has a "best saw." People's cutting needs and preferences vary widely. Even if you were to go back and look at recall/repair issues, durability and performance statistics, power to weight ratios, or longevity- you'd see that each model has its' own assortment of issues.

No major saw manufacturer has a "best saw." People's cutting needs and preferences vary widely. Even if you were to go back and look at recall/repair issues, durability and performance statistics, power to weight ratios, or longevity- you'd see that each model has its' own assortment of issues.

:agree2: but I am only here for fun of it - and I guess most are! :D

Lots of funny statements! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

T'is right, everyone has THEIR best saw.

Past or present?

I think the thread should have been more specific to past saws or present. I can't speak to the new 'plastic fantastic' Husky's, but in the PNW with Husky's back in the day, the 2100/2101 ruled. I retired in '83 from the log woods forever, but I still use my 2100 to directionally fall big timber on demand. And I'm still pissed that I can't find new parts for it....like it was never made, thank you Husqvarna. I can find fuel caps, but not oil caps....so mine leaks oil on the floor from the oil cap-new gasket.:msp_thumbdn:

And *gasp*...there's a new-in-the-box 2101 on the bay right now! Starting bid @$1,200. Guy says he bought it in '92 and put it in a closet all this time...inside a house. Interesting 'story' anyway.:hmm3grin2orange:

Kevin

Latest posts

Back