What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346 XP 346 XP 346 XP

You will notice i have voted for the 346 xp three times this because some toe rag has stolen 2 from me over a period of years so i think i can add votes for them.

The best saw better be the 372. If not I'm stuck with some of them and parts for more.

Anyway, the 372 is my standard of comparison.

There are other saws I like also.

JJ has got it right, different strokes for different folks.

372 has few warts, and would serve as an all around saw for nearly anyone.

I pick the 1100/2101 series, since there are so many still around, and run like snot.

Some times they just get it right.

Yeah, Husky got it right with the 2100/2101. Most popular saw in the PNW when I was loggin'. I was runnin' an 075 at the time and this old faller said, "Try this!". Stuck a 2100 in my hands and I never looked back. Not to run-down Stihl, but I liked everything about that saw better.

I've never run a 3120, so I don't know if Husky got that one right, or it's a bloated cow?

Kevin

The best saw better be the 372. If not I'm stuck with some of them and parts for more.

Anyway, the 372 is my standard of comparison.

There are other saws I like also.

Imo, the 372xp has just a couple of minor flaws;

1) It has an inboard clutch, which is not perfect regarding handling, even on a 70cc saw. It isn't too bad on that saw though.

2) The chain adjuster in the cover is an "afterthought". It is in the way of the chip flow when noodling.

In comparison, the 346xp has no design flaws at all, nor has the 560xp and 550xp.....:msp_wink:

Didnt read the thread..... but my vote goes for the Husq 288 as of right now. Picking up my 562xpw and 359s hopefully from Randy next weekend so my vote may change.:msp_wink:

Im always thoroughly impressed with my 372, for the power to weight ratio, its hard to beat. I find it very comfortable to use. All around i think its husqy's best saw. :rock:

Nothing like digging up an old thread................especially an old "which one's best?" thread.

As Jacob said (a while ago)...............ONE 'best' saw isn't possible because of different size/displacement requirements and such. It COULD have been narrowed down to "what is/was Husqvarna's best 70cc class saw?", etc.

My 'votes' Husqvarna's 'bests' go for the 272XP, 288XP, and 2100CD/2101XP in the three displacement classes that I use most. Those also happen to be the three Husqvarna saws in my shop...:D

254xp been a great saw. Put many 55's and 455's in the pile and the little 254xp keeps cutting.

Imo, the 372xp has just a couple of minor flaws;

1) It has an inboard clutch, which is not perfect regarding handling, even on a 70cc saw. It isn't too bad on that saw though.

2) The chain adjuster in the cover is an "afterthought". It is in the way of the chip flow when noodling.

In comparison, the 346xp has no design flaws at all, nor has the 560xp and 550xp.....:msp_wink:

The 346 falls over when sitting on the ground:msp_razz:

I'm on my first tank of fuel on my 562xp i sure hope it holds up to the hype it gets in threads like this.

"Best" only works by application;small timber, firewood/large trees, production sites etc. One size definitely does not fit all and sometimes it takes a couple of saws to do all the work that you do.

Kevin

I agree with Real1shepard. The best saw depends on the aplication. My 359 was my first Husky saw, and it is still a champ for all around firewood cutting as long as the rounds are not too big. The 346xp can't be beat when working up the small stuff up to 16" or so. The 385xp is my favorite for bigger stuff up to 30' or so. But the one that makes me grinn from ear to ear is the 372xp:msp_biggrin:. Never cut down both sides when you can grab a bigger saw and do it with one cut.

Latest posts

Back