What do you use to carry your saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got several types of cases for my saws.

The power box is a nice box if you are using a smaller saw. Sheaths up to 24" are available.
attachment.php

Here's mine:
DSC02516.jpg

DSC02518-1.jpg

Echo must use the same company for their cases as mine is a mirror image of the powerbox.

Mine is tossed on the back of the skidder 20x a day, then gets tossed into the truck. Bouncy bouncy. It's like a female: you treat it decent just ONE time...and it'll break yer heart!:msp_wink:

Yes, why don't companies make cases for big saws like the 660? They make cases for small saws. Big saws are lot of money and cases would help protect them while in storage or transit! :bang: I'm going to use a big DeWalt tool bag for mine, it's about size of duffle bag. prob pull B&C off before storing

This is what I built for the back of my truck. Simple plywood I had laying around.

I would say that I don't think it's a good idea to leave a saw mounted on top so everyone could see it, but then I noticed the security system....woof!

right now there are 4 saws... maybe five in a dog pile just inside the shed door... at least one of them has the tip guard still on it... one of em is only 9 months old or so and looks almost like the one that is close to 30 years old...

some times if they've been good little saws they get to ride shotgun on the way home...:msp_sleep:

I use one of these. Investment is very low(0.59$!) so I buy a few when needed, saws up to 18-20 inch fit in, put in a newspaper first incase they are incontinent and a bunch of stuff fit into it as well. You can use them also very well to transport wood into the house etc. Your wife/girlfriend will love going there to check out the newest stuff they have(big bonus points for us!!!) so be prepared to spend a few hours.

View attachment 313404

in case someone doesn't see it correctly it's from the swedish home funiture store Ikea.

Saw this outside a saw shop recently. Someone spent a lot of time making a plywood case that was not going to be too heavy. Lots of variety in these!

attachment.php

Philbert

Let me guess that's the voiline case of today for the Thompson.....

:D

I've carried my Husky 435 up to 6-miles in one day with this strap doing trail clearing. The strap, made of seat belt webbing, has a Fastek buckle, goes through the wrap bar and balances nicely. I started with foam for the neck, but it wasn't necessary.

CarryStrap.jpg

Until the later part of the middle of the first decade of this century, I, like all members of the better class, employed a saw bearer or bearers.....

I either throw 'em in the utility vehicle or the bucket of the tractor, or use an old husky saw case if I'm heading off-site.

I've carried my Husky 435 up to 6-miles in one day with this strap doing trail clearing. The strap, made of seat belt webbing, has a Fastek buckle, goes through the wrap bar and balances nicely.

I like the simple design.

I don't want to put this thread onto a different track, but for folks looking to carry their saws on trails, there have been a few related threads that they might be interested in, including:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/87994.htm

http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/122153.htm

And at least one where a guy made a chainsaw pack out of a baby carrier type backpack (either his kids grew up or he got one cheap at a garage sale).

Philbert

I am fortunate in that usually I am cutting only 20 yards or so from my '97 Dakota, but I needed to find a good way to haul the saws to the site since I have a standard cab and usually have someone with me. It's volunteer work; we cut and split tops that are too short for the sawmill. If we're really short handed, I'll deliver a load to a needy family after "work". I eventually found a used 48" aluminum tool chest on CL that fits behind the rear wheel wells, and I made up two 3/8" plastic coated steel cables to padlock the end handles of the tool chest to the rear tie down points on each side. If they need me to deliver a load of wood, I open the tail gate and slide the box out onto it, still cabled in place. Then we fill up the truck bed with wood and off I go. The box takes the place of the tail gate.

Latest posts

Back