What Goes Around, Comes Around

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a retired friend who spends almost all his time helping others, especially the widows and the fatherless. In the Fall and early Winter this means, of course, cutting and hauling firewood for these people.

He called me last week and said that his Jonsered 630 had siezed...probably from an air leak. Here's the kicker. Two hours before he called, a co-worker gave me a 630 in great condition that only needed a new fuel line.

I gave him the saw which is in better condition than the old one. Now he's back in business and he has lots of spare parts to keep his Jonny running for a long time.

Pretty neat how these things work out sometimes.

That's really cool litefoot...that's what blessings are all about...

I believe in the "You reap what you sow" deal too...years ago when we couldn't get ANY fire wood to sell...we were dirt broke, the forests were closed...I never wanted firewood so bad in my life...

So when the forests opened, and we began to get ahead on the wood, I began to give whole trailer loads away to those needy in town who needed wood for heat...

And ever since, we have been blessed with an abundance of wood...way more than we can sell or use, and it's even easier to give it away. I think that's the way it is supposed to work...you sow blessing for others, and reap blessings for yourself...Just The Way I See It...

My part in this was just to pass along the saw. My co-worker was the one who felt and acted on a prompting to give me the 630, and my retired friend was the one who merited the special, for lack of a better word, karma. Those two are the heros in this story.

My part in this was just to pass along the saw. My co-worker was the one who felt and acted on a prompting to give me the 630, and my retired friend was the one who merited the special, for lack of a better word, karma.

Payin' it Forward is what you did. Good on ya' !!!!

Now thats a friend!!!!

I always believed in that myself...He will always use it and think of ya.... :clap:

I have a retired friend who spends almost all his time helping others, especially the widows and the fatherless. In the Fall and early Winter this means, of course, cutting and hauling firewood for these people.

He called me last week and said that his Jonsered 630 had siezed...probably from an air leak. Here's the kicker. Two hours before he called, a co-worker gave me a 630 in great condition that only needed a new fuel line.

I gave him the saw which is in better condition than the old one. Now he's back in business and he has lots of spare parts to keep his Jonny running for a long time.

Good deal all around, particularly for the needy who are the beneficiaries of the firewood that flows from your friend's benevolence. Sounds to me like the true meaning of Christmas.

This is what it's all about.......

Good for you! If you help others in need, it will come full circle when you're in need. I like doing it because it's the right thing to do, and hey, it's Christmas Time. Yes, I said Christmas! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and may your good deeds be repaid many times over. Best and take care, Max.

When one goes and does what they can to the hurting its like doing it unto the lord it was the lord that sent that person to you it was the lord that put it on your friends heart to do these kind things to the people that are lonely you can tell a child of the king of kings by the way they love people some are hurting physically emotionally financially this time of the year

some have lost there love ones or someone close thru this past year

to have a heart of compassion on hurting people takes alot to be a man
i do not mean to ruin a thread so dont take it like that but when i say hurting i am within that circle of hurting people if you knew how many times a day i set and cry with tears in my eyes you would wonder why am i crying for its cause i long for my home no pain there no bills to worry about there etc.

some do not understand me maybe if they look at the situation thru spiritual eyes they see what im going thru
do i have anyone to be with during Christmas the answer is no
sad to say my own siblings do not want anything to do with me they are so self centered that all they care about is themselves

i take and go talk with people total strangers when i get the time and just offer some comfort words that God lays on my heart to say

but when it comes to myself i rather be called home ( Heaven ) sometimes it is easy to hide the hurt inside ones heart pastor told me the other day that God is sending me a special friend its like sara was to abraham i felt tickled by that but it still does not change the fact i want to be with my lord God takes care of his children by using others in there path way someone may lift a helping hand or someone may be blessing someone with finances that God lays on there heart to give i had two people give me $ 20.00 each in a weeks time one time they remark was God layed on there heart to give to me that i would be needing it

this time last year i was getting prepared to loose my best friend all i had on this earth that was my dad sometimes people do not understand how it feels to loose someone very close to you when my dad passed on part of me died with him and when God calls my mom home part of me will die again i was with my folks all my life 40 some years and you wonder why i feel the way i do

Last edited:
My hat is off to you, very comendable!

I do believe that you reap what you sew. I am glad you got the chance to make someones day, probably year.

Litefoot, thats awesome what you did for that guy, you might have helped out more people than you realize by helping him. Hope your luck is like mine. I bought a cherry Homie XL-12 off of CL that had a bad clutch bearing and when one of my best friends saw it, he went crazy over it. He went on and on about how his dad has one just like and thats what he remembered about he and his dad cutting wood growing up. Next time he came over i just gave it to him since he would enjoy it more than me. A few months later, he shows up with a Homie super xl-925 with a 30" bar. He says it needs some work but that i could have it since i gave him the xl-12. Rep sent!

Latest posts

Back