What Gypo's skidder ate today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Ya, the skidder had the flesh eating disease last week, it split the rim where it retains the bead, so the tire was working its way off.
Not to worry though, I broke the bead, pushed the tire back and welded the split in the rim. Now all is well. It also ate a full tube of grease yesterday.
Gypo

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah skidders tend not to work too good with the tire falling off,but it's good to hear she's still hungry and working..I just picked up a 1979 540 Deere for around the house works pretty good so far...

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
No but thats a ???? good idea:D I wonder what the neighbors would think when I started to make laps around the house with a little tinker toy cable'd on to it though:rolleyes: .I own a little 2 bedroom house on 230 acres,I don't have to many neighbors now that I think about it..I use it where I can't get the 648 grapple skidder into when it's not on a job........

Later Rob...

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ryan,

You hit the nail on the head I have been loggin' real hard the past couple days before the rain from lili hit's us up here.I'm glad to hear that you will be getting your 346 tomorrow let me know how she is??I plan on sending my 385 to Den probally within the next mth or two to have some work done to her..So what have you been up too for the past few days??

Later Rob..

Ryan Willock

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
dropn' trees:D boss man found customers that would rather us drop em' so they can save $$$ by cleaning them up themselves:blob2: suits me just fine, get to make a mess and don't even have to clean up after myself:D

Ryan Willock

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
oh, forgot to mention that since i provide my own saws i get paid on commission (25%) of company take:D so i get paid well wither or not we work a full day:) (small company, 3 people)

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ryan,

That sounds like a good deal to me,it must be nice to make a mess and not have to clean it up afterwards:D .Have you been doing any climbing lately??

Later Rob..

Ryan Willock

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
a little, i'll climb one tommorow to set a pull line. gonna lay 2 down tommorow. the new developments have to remove all the dead trees that are standing and don't want to pay to have use clean them up so they get us to put them down and pay this other gut that cleans up lots after the house is built for $700!!!! how that guy manages to even pay his bills is beyond me but whatever, as i was saying they pay him $20 per hour to load them up and take them to the dump.

Ryan Willock

Ryan Willock

Addicted to ArboristSite
possibly this weekend, depends on who i can find to ground for me. i would get my girlfriend to do it but she's gone home for the weekend:rolleyes: i have a pine in my dad's yard that i'm gonna cut, i'll have to climb to about 40', it has a small top so it shouldn't be bad:)

StIhL MaGnUm

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ryan,

I have plenty of fun,but when your 60-80' up a tree you don't want to be playing around believe me I have seen a few people fall from about 40' and it was not a very good scene:eek: .

Later Rob..

Latest posts