What happened to my 034 oil line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streblerm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My trusty 034 quit oiling a while back and I didn't have time to mess with it. I pulled it out from under the bench to see what was up. I tried blowing out the line and nothing was making it to the oil tank. This was why:
image.jpeg

There is no evidence of anything getting hot. But it's like the spring inside the line straightened out and pulled the line shut. Something in the bar oil softening the line?

When I bought the saw it had a piece of Tygon for the oil line that was cut by a wobbly sprocket bearing. I replaced it with the stihl part. (Pita) Never any problems for 6 years until this.

Ordered a new stihl line kit and stuck a piece of tygon with the old ferrule end on it for the time being. The tygon was slightly too small ID for the spring though. We'll see, I figure having the oil line kit on the shelf should guarantee years of service from my improvised line.

I do not like that oem oil line. I face Germany and give a middle finger salute every time I use tygon to replace their expensive molded lines.

I do not like that oem oil line. I face Germany and give a middle finger salute every time I use tygon to replace their expensive molded lines.

That oil line is not molded. You can also use a piece of plastic air line like use on trucks. I forget the size, but fits like a glove in the bar pad and just warm the oil pump end with a lighter a push it on the pump nipple. No need for the spring inside with this.

Back