What have you traded for tree work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my friend who runs an HVAC company traded a air conditioner for a 64 ford galaxie 2 door hard top with a 352 in it, ALL original except for the wheels.... about 80,000 miles on it

im ticked off... no cool oppourtunities like that come my way, and he wont sell it to me...:(

She did what!?
bareback.......

you get the picture?:yoyo:

Just today, I removing a huge hanging and broken fir limb, plus one more for a good buddy who is a ski area rep for Scott. Went home with $20 and a pair of carbon fiber poles, and two pair of goggles, retail about $280, for a bit over an hours work. And did $160 worth for a neighbor. He wanted to trade me for some skis, but I have 3 pair that I currently like and ski on..(He designs shapes and more for various ski and snowboard companies.)

a few weeks ago, I did a part trade (again) for a cool guy who makes scads of excellent wine....scored 24 bottles plus a full bottle of Grappa (151 proof wine based liquor) He also just got a 42 foot boat..if I can find the time, i'm invited out for salmon fishing, sightseeing, photos..whatever....and it is the best salmon season in years. He's gonna run charters.

Last edited:
i had to put my dog down. didn't have the heart to shoot her so i took her to the vet.he did the deed and i cut some dead elms hanging over his horse fence.

- Transmission
- 16' Aluminum Boat
- Car (turned around & sold it for more $$$$ then the job was worth)
- Chainsaw (Partial trade, old timer had a 044 in MINT condition)
- Hunting Land (Again a partial trade, got to hunt on the land for one season)

I was helping my cousin on a simple limb removal job and the guy traded him a .45 handgun for it. Needless to say after the job was finished we went to the shooting range:hmm3grin2orange:

Evan

Took down a dying 60 ft spruce for a lil old lady for an 92 buick she had,she didn't have the money for the tree.Got it for my daughter,her first car,she had to help drag brush though,poor lil blonde that she is,all she kept saying was "ewwwwwww its all sappy and sticky":D

sign work

I have often asked folks that have another business for tradsies. Electricians mechanics etc. I half year ago I did a removal for a sign maker. Anyrate, this thread reminds me I have yet to cash in on my barter for new signs for my two trucks.

Traded Several Drops Again for the yearly lease at the campground where my camper is located on the lake.

I did some work for a vintage 74 arabian century Vdrive skiboat.....It has a big chevy 454 in it....All I do is sink money into this thing and I still have yet to get it up to running condition...I call it the USS neversail

What is wrong with it or how is it acting?

one of my first jobs back in the day,,,had to climb a maple tree and trim some limbs hanging over a fence and the house,,,the owner,,,a friend of mine,,,was a linesman,,gave me a forty foot hotstick,,,a brand new pair of bashlin spurs,,,and a rigging rope for about one hour worth of work

bareback.......

you get the picture?:yoyo:

Just today, I removing a huge hanging and broken fir limb, plus one more for a good buddy who is a ski area rep for Scott. Went home with $20 and a pair of carbon fiber poles, and two pair of goggles, retail about $280, for a bit over an hours work. And did $160 worth for a neighbor. He wanted to trade me for some skis, but I have 3 pair that I currently like and ski on..(He designs shapes and more for various ski and snowboard companies.)

a few weeks ago, I did a part trade (again) for a cool guy who makes scads of excellent wine....scored 24 bottles plus a full bottle of Grappa (151 proof wine based liquor) He also just got a 42 foot boat..if I can find the time, i'm invited out for salmon fishing, sightseeing, photos..whatever....and it is the best salmon season in years. He's gonna run charters.

Thanks RB LOL,I wouldnt be rushing into that grappa in a hurry!!!!

Did a small job last week, to just drop the tree & cut it up.

I got to use the guys NH TC45 tractor w/ bucket & backhoe for a day.

Art. I am in the process of pruning a HUGE black oak (4' DBH). It's mostly done... but each time I need to re-crotch to do another quadrant it's either lunch time, or the end of the day... so I just come down. The homeowners are pro-artists... so they are doing some pieces for me. Oh, they've been cooking lunch each day too... today was spaghetti and meatballs. Last week was chili for my helper, and brisket for me. :) I love customers who can cook!. They're also big on golf... so we'll see if that pays off with new business.

I helped one guy last winter with patching his roof... tied into a jap maple behind the house and rapelled down the front. Got a bottle of Kettle One for that.

Last edited:
I cut down a 35' Pine and removed a few branches from a Laurel Oak for a welder friend to build me a log dolly. He also anchored some handy tie down points to my trailer. He handled all the clean up.

Had a strange guy call looking for pruning, he did the cheapest part on the estimate and when I showed up and did that, he wanted me to do the rest in exchange for as many DVD's of undisclosed content as I could watch in a month. I had no idea how to read the guy so in my mind I was not about to do tree work for ????, my wife frowns on that, and so when I left he hands me some foriegn movie that was ok but because it has a boob scene in it my son has had it ever since.

I did two days of non techinical felling, firewood cutting, and brush piling for a 79' yamaha xs 1100 street bike in good shape.

Getting ready to do two elm trees. They are about 14inch trees or a house. The wood stays at the house I just take them down and chip the branches no clean up. I'm trading this for a newer Jet 13x39 lathe on a nice metal stand. I don;t really need a lathe right now but I think it's a good trade.

Scott

Back