What have you traded for tree work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Dental work
- Weekend at holiday cabin
- Large air compressor
- Plumbing work
- Brick laying
- Booze
- Booze
- Booze
- etc.

I'll bring this one back to life.
My 67 Power Wagon
My SP105 and Mac 110
My .45-70 Gov. and Mossberg 835 NIB
:cheers:

- Dental work
- Weekend at holiday cabin
- Large air compressor
- Plumbing work
- Brick laying
- Booze
- Booze
- Booze
- etc.

Its funny how some people can get away with other people saying" Yeah he is real good, he's a real big drinker." Its funny how you guys actually are both.
Also I just wanted to say that the old timey barter system is great whatever your desires. I can't remember all the stuff I got in exchange for work done.
I am looking at a little job where 2 big yew had been run over by a car. It's an inurance job. The one is gone the other is fine but the homeowner hates the way it looks because now there is only 1 awesome yew and it don't look right anymore.
I told him I would give him an estimate for the insurance to replant new ones or to go to a dealer for an exact replacement.
So I give him the estimate and say" Here you go, if you want to buy the plants and material I will do this job if you let me have the good yew.
Its 6 foot tall, healthy, and 8 feet wide. I can hand dig it out and winch it on the trailer, by the end of the day it will be in front of my house. I would let it get real big so it shades the porch.
I will make out better than the job for my one neighbor who had an elm uproot and needs a maple gone. I stuck it to 4300 and I am waiting for another guy to go 3800, then I will know who wrote it.

What have you traded for tree work

I'm always up for some trading. Pick up this old buzz saw blade that been painted up on both sides for a antique shop.

p1010348qp7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bumping my own thread...

Latest was a 15 minute consult on a hole in a palm tree for a couple of jars of homemade marmalade and hot sauce.
Marmalade was good, gave the hot sauce to my mum!

What have you traded for tree work

Doing a tree removal at a lumber company, they were clearing some old trash away to put up a building. There was this lumber sign.
New home upstairs in my barn.

p1010346pi0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1997 dr 650 with 500 miles!
TONS of dental work.
excellent meals.
massages.
accupuncture.
weekend stay at beach house.
trading is fun.

what have you traded for tree work

The first trim job i ever did was for the first chain saw I ever owned, $200.00 saw for trimming 3 20 " weeping willows. not to bad in 1980

4 foot box blade would be the latest. They go for around 400 which is what the labor is for the job I am doing it for. It has a 3 point hitch but I will slice that off and hook it to the Dingo for yet another attachment.
One of the great things about being the seller and doer of tree work is what it gives back.

This morning I did a job for an older gentleman an ex marine. I got a very large anvil about 200# and 2 old dirty ships portals which were sitting in his yard. In return I cut a large anchor which had grown into a tree out and me and my groundie carried it to his front yard. It was a pain cutting it out chainsawing axing and prying, but still very cool all around.

I removed a big Southern Yellow Pine for a Ford Tauras Station Wagon. One of the most profitable jobs to date. 3 hours work for a car that is still working 3 years later.

Where I am, you certainly don't do it for sex, thats for sure.

What I do is not so much for the customer but for others. I drop off the logs to freinds that cut split and burn it for themselves. Pays off later. I don't have the time nor the amount to keep the hardwood. Mostly pine where I am. And if it is for a customer, time is usually on my side. Because the area I live in is remote at times, eventually the favor is returned in other ways unrelated to work like babysitting, out of town errands, general favors. All one big community.

not really for doing tree work, but in exchange for being the driver to the arboriculture program at college i was traded venison instead of gas money

I ground 40 twenty inch pine stumps for a new king size bed (matress/box springs), sheets, pillow cases, 2 pillows, and a new recliner. Delivered.
I ground one 30 in stump for 9 (10 bucks each) blades for my exmark 60 inch lawnmower.
2 stumps for a 4x8 trailer
Several deals with a guy that owns a parts house and a few more with a butcher.
There are some others that I better not mention.

i done some work for the daughter of a golf course owner
two willow limbs over hanging her house, three hours work stacked the timber and she gave me one years full membership to the local Golf course.
I was going to join anyway £685.00
i still cant play properly but i play badly on a really nice course.

w00t! Just traded about 5 hours worth of work today for my partner's MIL. Didn't think we were getting squat till she handed us the title to a 97 Ford Ranger. Nice, clean truck with a four-banger. Can anyone say new estimate vehicle? Plus, I sold an $1800 job to her neighbor! A good day was had.

Back