What I did this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splittah

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I tried my new MS 361 this weekend. That thing rocks! cut on saturday split with the splitter sunday.. weather was 40 degrees both days..It was a really good weekend!

:chainsawguy:

WhatIdidthisweekend003A.jpg

WhatIdidthisweekend002A.jpg

This helped me..

LogSplitter12-28-07027A.jpg

Some I did a couple weekends ago.

4cordbyhouse.jpg

Man I love doing this stuff.. now.. :givebeer:

Last edited:
Nice organized area, the look of efficiency, I like the little cabin, good place for a beer fridge during breaktime, or coffee pot.
:clap: :clap:
+1 on more splitter info.

Last edited:
The woodstove I have is called the Englander model 30-NCL made by England's Stove Works of Monroe VA. They make Pellet, Wood, Gas and Coal stoves.

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/

works so well in here we have 2 of the windows open most of the time to some degree. Love it.

woodstove002.jpg

American CLS Makes it:

http://www.americanmsr.com/home.htm

The model I have is AM-25HH with the catch trays added along with longer tongue than origional and it came with a 4 way splitter that works great. Mine also has the optional 8 horse honda engine.

http://www.americanmsr.com/Images/AM25HH-big.png[/QUOTE

to bad your on the other side of the state me and you could get alot of work done. what are you burning all that wood in

I was still typing when Splittah posted the info. :greenchainsaw:

Hey Splittah, did you by chance check out Timberwolf splitters, I'd really like to know the differences between the two, they share quite a few similarities, it's the frames that seem to be the biggest difference.

Last edited:
American CLS Makes it:

http://www.americanmsr.com/home.htm

The model I have is AM-25HH with the catch trays added along with longer tongue than origional and it came with a 4 way splitter that works great. Mine also has the optional 8 horse honda engine.

http://www.americanmsr.com/Images/AM25HH-big.png

Splittah, I was looking at thoes splitters. They look nice. How do you like yours? Any problems with it? Does it run hot with that small tank? Does it have enough power with a 4in ram? How fast of a cycle time?

Thanks

I was still typing when Splittah posted the info. :greenchainsaw:

Hey Splittah, did you by chance check out Timberwolf splitters, I'd really like to know the differences between the two, they share quite a few similarities, it's the frames that seem to be the biggest difference.

I did in fact look at the timberwolf splitters, I really liked them, especially this one.

http://www.timberwolfcorp.com/log_splitters/default.asp?id=10

However, when I bought mine there was a dealer for the American locally and as far as I knew at that time there was no local dealer for the Timberwolf splitters. Come to find out, the local Stihl dealer where I just picked up my 361 carries the timberwolf. There is also the fact that this model timberwolf is about 2 grand more than I spent for mine from what I understand. Also I had seen the American splitters at the fair this last fall and gotten the guys card then.

I really liked this timberwolf, a bit faster cycle time, more bells and whistles. But, I will tell you I have had my slitter for just over a month and split 5 cord with it so far and for a 50 year old guy and a splitter with a 10 second cycle time we are in perfect step with each other.

Last edited:
Splittah, I was looking at thoes splitters. They look nice. How do you like yours? Any problems with it? Does it run hot with that small tank? Does it have enough power with a 4in ram? How fast of a cycle time?

Thanks

I love mine, as I mentioned above, the 10 second cycle time if fine for me. It has plenty of muscle, I haven't found anything it wouldn't go through. The tank does get warm, that is a concern I had because I had read that it was possible to overheat a system if the tank was too small. He assured me that this was a commercial unit and that no matter how hard I worked it, I would not be able to overheat it. So far I have not had a single problem with it.

As with anything, you have to use your head when it comes to using it and the 4 way. But I by no means baby the thing, being a "commercial model" I want to put it through it's paces before the warrantee runs out.

I'll second what computeruser said. Nice set up and nice wood pile!

Until I found this site I hadn't really come across a whole lotta folks that appreciated a nice stack of firewood. Maybe it's realizing the amount of effort that goes into making those stacks, LOL, but either way I have been known to slow down and have a good look when driving by nice wood piles. :D

I love mine, as I mentioned above, the 10 second cycle time if fine for me. It has plenty of muscle, I haven't found anything it wouldn't go through. The tank does get warm, that is a concern I had because I had read that it was possible to overheat a system if the tank was too small. He assured me that this was a commercial unit and that no matter how hard I worked it, I would not be able to overheat it. So far I have not had a single problem with it.

As with anything, you have to use your head when it comes to using it and the 4 way. But I by no means baby the thing, being a "commercial model" I want to put it through it's paces before the warrantee runs out.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?

I'll second what computeruser said. Nice set up and nice wood pile!

Until I found this site I hadn't really come across a whole lotta folks that appreciated a nice stack of firewood. Maybe it's realizing the amount of effort that goes into making those stacks, LOL, but either way I have been known to slow down and have a good look when driving by nice wood piles. :D

Thanks for the comments. I do the same thing looking at people's wood piles and setups..makes the wife smile.

I think the longer tongue is a great feature. I've never seen that on a production splitter before. Keeps the hitch from getting beat up by falling wood.

Was that with the four way?

Yes, that was as you see it. Don't forget to add tax on that though, here it was 6% on top of the 2700.

The 2700 included the exit tables, longer hitch and 4 way and the splitter comes with the side log stabilizers also.

One thing to keep in mind here too is this is the "High" model, this model is about 5-6" higher than the standard splitter to minimize bending, which it does, it helps immensely. It also has 13" tires with fenders instead of the 8" tires with no fenders on the regular model. I am 5'-11 and I can run this standing perfectly upright.

You can also purchase a hydraulic log lifter for it. That is about $750 if I understood the dealer correctly. I used a plank for the 280 pounders this weekend but that gets old after a while too. I may look into getting the lift next year for the big ones. I am not sure if the valve is part of the lift kit or not. You would think it would be but you would be wise to consult the dealer directly.

Back