What is a lifetime? As far as warranty goes?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a lifetime warranty that excludes owner damage like holes etc.
Initally I got a email basically saying it was to old to warranty.
THe rub was what is a lifetime, according to them it was till they decided not to warranty it.
Chad

So what is the company?

I had a broke Gerber knife/multi tool, sent in, did not have that model and sent a new one at no charge.

Salad Master pans are also well known for their warranty. I know my dad would come home with one, dumpster diving or thrift store, every now and then with a broke handle. Send in and get new handle a couple weeks later.

I have replaced a Kitchen Aid dishwasher, for a customer, with a hole in tub, that was about 20 years old, I think it had a 25 year warranty. Rusted thru porcelain tub, sent out a new dishwasher.

Usually any major appliances will stand behind their warranty. Although, a day over and you are SOL. Have replaced a lot of tubs and baskets on washers with a lifetime warranty.

Have done the busted Crappsman ratchets a few times.

Aviator snips I broke, abused, took back and they replaced.

Multiple Irwin/Vice-Grip channel locks busted and returned. I grab one off the shelf, look on back and it says "lifetime warranty" and clerk runs it thru. This thru local hardware store.

Scheels brand fishing poles, usually a pretty good warranty, they have tightened up I have heard, but still better than most. Also, any Scheels brand item you bought and had any problems with, bring in and they will treat you well.

IMO still not enough info posted for me to say whether or not you have a point or not.

An exact copy of the warranty statement, for a basic starter.

Now you told them your in Scouts the warranty will be void as that's commercial use [emoji23] lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back