What is everyone thinking about oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where your gas money is going...

Here is the Dubai ski slopes. Completely indoors, air conditioned, in one of the hottest places on earth. Why go to the alps, when you can have the alps come to you???

attachment.php

And indoors after it was finished being built:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here is the Dubai ski slopes. Completely indoors, air conditioned, in one of the hottest places on earth.

You are right on the mark with that ! I was there three times during the first Gulf War and it is extremely HOT !! 100 deg. at 10:00AM I guess the only relief they get from it is to go skiing. It doesn't hurt that they are very VERY rich....

Simple INFORSED BIRTH CONTROLL , less people ,less problems. the chinese had the right idea. think about it,mother nature does it all the time. to many of one kind she plants a bug kills them down to a lesser amount then they start all over. Will she do it with HUMANS????????

No doubt Redneck. It happens with every species and is Darwin in action. Even viruses and bacteria's find a way around antiviral's and antibiotics, and they always come back a little stronger. We've had cancers and diabetes and every other thing thrown at us and it will only get worse as the population exponentially explodes. If not before, then the next ice age will certainly do the trick. :cheers:

all right, so heres my little ##### -

i do 90% of my heating with a pellet stove. wood boiler for 2008/2009
i drive a 4 cyl toyota pickup that gets 23 mpg.
i kind of really feel like i am "doing my part" to control cost for oil/gas.
i'm no economics major, but i do know that the only way to get the price of oil/gas to go down is to use less of it. i think probably 90% of the people that will read this already have some type of alternative heating system in place.
so here's what really fries my eggs - on discovery channel the other night - "this multi million dollar yacht has 3 2,000 hp diesel engines that can move it along at 30 knots" probably burning at least 100 gallons an hour.
i drive by these huge, i mean like 4 or 5 thousand square foot homes on my way home from work. my man probably doesnt come home from work and fire up the wood boiler, stove, or whatever. i wonder how much his heating bill is a month. it doesnt bother him, i assure you of that.
so why should i have to pay the same amount for oil as that guy, who doesnt care how much he uses and heats a house way bigger than he needs.
fuel for heating should be sold in "lots". everyone gets 1 lot for $XX. if you need more lots, its $XX(multiplied by 1.5) and than multiplied by 2, then 3 etc.
just my little rant - everyone talks about energy efficient homes. i know it takes less fuel to heat my 65 yr old house with minimal insulation, than it does to heat my mans new 4000 sq ft home, that is considered "energy efficient".

stand near any busy highway at rush hour, and tell me we can continue to produce the amount of oil we are using. no way.

Thats an interesting post. I think it would be wise to try and implement something for those that don't care what they do. If you drive something that gets 10mpg to get groceries and don't need it for anything other than that then you should pay something for using that much fuel. If you have a home that two people live in and its 4000 square feet then I think you should pay some taxes or something on that. Then take all those taxes and give it to people that actually try to do something about conserving in forms of tax breaks or grants or something..... I do believe it needs to be regulated because there are plenty of people that need to use what they are using for living or business needs but I'm sure something could be hatched up.

I like that idea and I heard an ex basketball player, can't remember his name who is in politics say something similar to this on a talk show awhile back.

Interesting post I think it might tick a lot of people off but if it were implemented right I think it would work.

WHAT? take from rich and give to poor,never happen.oil men dont care how much you use of gas and heating oil,the more you use the more money they make. when poor man cuts back ,ritch man just has more to use.is ketch 22.

i'm no economics major, but i do know that the only way to get the price of oil/gas to go down is to use less of it. i think probably 90% of the people that will read this already have some type of alternative heating system in place.
so here's what really fries my eggs - on discovery channel the other night - "this multi million dollar yacht has 3 2,000 hp diesel engines that can move it along at 30 knots" probably burning at least 100 gallons an hour.
i drive by these huge, i mean like 4 or 5 thousand square foot homes on my way home from work. my man probably doesnt come home from work and fire up the wood boiler, stove, or whatever. i wonder how much his heating bill is a month. it doesnt bother him, i assure you of that.
so why should i have to pay the same amount for oil as that guy, who doesnt care how much he uses and heats a house way bigger than he needs.
fuel for heating should be sold in "lots". everyone gets 1 lot for $XX. if you need more lots, its $XX(multiplied by 1.5) and than multiplied by 2, then 3 etc.
just my little rant - everyone talks about energy efficient homes. i know it takes less fuel to heat my 65 yr old house with minimal insulation, than it does to heat my mans new 4000 sq ft home, that is considered "energy efficient".

stand near any busy highway at rush hour, and tell me we can continue to produce the amount of oil we are using. no way.

I feel the same way. We remodeled a high end kitchen in a 4,000 sq ft home last winter. Needless to say the home owners made a very good living. I was shocked the first couple of days on the job when they would leave for work and leave the front door wide open! there was a flimsy storm door there but it was like 10 degrees outside. as you might expect I shut the door as soon as they left (not to save them money but because I can't stand to see a blatant wasting of resources) This continued throughout the entire project. I couldn't help feeling guilty, there are people around here that struggle to keep their house at 60 degrees in the winter and these people were literally letting heat pour out the front door. It seems like the more I try to conserve the more I see others wasting. I know it seems futile but I try to do the right thing anyway.

on a side note they also kept every light on in the house when they left for work. I always did wonder what there gas and electric bills looked like?

======

It is its called a gallon,, the more you use, the more you pay....

Ask and ye shall recieve... only in America...

Thats an interesting post. I think it would be wise to try and implement something for those that don't care what they do. If you drive something that gets 10mpg to get groceries and don't need it for anything other than that then you should pay something for using that much fuel.

They do pay, in added fuel cost and taxes on the fuel. Supply and demand. Only way that it will work. Prices are going to go a lot higher too. We are only just at or near the peak. Once everyone realizes it, the price of oil will double again.

The real issue here is reproduction, and not limited resources. The resources are there... we cannot do anything about increasing them. But we can do something about lowering the population. Question is, will we do that in the face of cultural and religious paradigms that say reproduce like rabbits every generation? Probably not.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=jdboy9;918620]Thats an interesting post. I think it would be wise to try and implement something for those that don't care what they do. If you drive something that gets 10mpg to get groceries and don't need it for anything other than that then you should pay something for using that much fuel. If you have a home that two people live in and its 4000 square feet then I think you should pay some taxes or something on that. Then take all those taxes and give it to people that actually try to do something about conserving in forms of tax breaks or grants or something..... I do believe it needs to be regulated because there are plenty of people that need to use what they are using for living or business needs but I'm sure something could be hatched up.

I like that idea and I heard an ex basketball player, can't remember his name who is in politics say something similar to this on a talk show awhile back.

Interesting post I think it might tick a lot of people off but if it were implemented right I think it would work.[/QUOTE]

====

Straight from the Communist Manifesto..." From each accord to his ability, to each according to his need"....worked well for them

Here is the Dubai ski slopes. Completely indoors, air conditioned, in one of the hottest places on earth. Why go to the alps, when you can have the alps come to you???

attachment.php

And indoors after it was finished being built:

Shoot who's emir's daughter do I need to mary.Back in the days it was "whos's chiefs daughter did you mary".Now it looks like which Emir's daughter did I mary.Hmm,not much clearing jobs around that neighborhood tho seems like.Why live in a place with no green?

ak4195

Latest posts

Back