What is it about fire?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the fire thing. Maybe it's because fire was so useful because up until the industrial age man depended on fire for survival. Many times fire was the difference between life or death.
Then later on during the industrial age fire powered the machinery that did much of the hard work replacing man power for mechanical power. And that has never really changed, fire can still mean life or death and it still powers our world.

Back to the fire thing. Maybe it's because fire was so useful because up until the industrial age man depended on fire for survival. Many times fire was the difference between life or death.
Then later on during the industrial age fire powered the machinery that did much of the hard work replacing man power for mechanical power. And that has never really changed, fire can still mean life or death and it still powers our world.
Well said. Fire can mean the difference between life and death for sure. The picture from Alaska was not a life or death situation but we had been hiking for half the day in wet snow and hadn’t seen any moose, after starting that fire (birch bark is amazing how you can light it with a match even wet) and warming up, drying out and watching the fire we all sure felt a lot better!

View attachment 689731

I had been keeping an eye out for a left hand 700BDL. I walked into the gun store a couple months back looking to trade off a couple of .22s and they just happened to have a nice used one in 30-06.
Wow that looks almost new, pretty stock. That’s a good find, used left hand are hard to find (my wife is left handed) at least around here.

View attachment 689731

I had been keeping an eye out for a left hand 700BDL. I walked into the gun store a couple months back looking to trade off a couple of .22s and they just happened to have a nice used one in 30-06.
Model 700, 7 MM Mag, traded an 036 Stihl for it.:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
I doubt it, that’s a fine looking rifle you have there. I like the color on the stock. I went a little too dark when I restrained mine. Maybe I’ll redo it one day.

I bought mine used from a gun show when I was looking for a 45-70. Its original and was nicely used and in good shape i paid 350 and couldn't pass it up.

54A78D7F-00C7-48C0-853E-17147D9203A7.jpeg
I bought mine used from a gun show when I was looking for a 45-70. Its original and was nicely used and in good shape i paid 350 and couldn't pass it up.

Nice. Mine is a ‘79 model that I have around $375 for if I recall. I need to replace the lever spring or catch whichever it is, it keeps wanting to pop open when loaded. You can see it in this pic. A common problem or so I have read.

Latest posts

Back