What is the best way to tune a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.tyson

Reaction score
I'm in need of advice on the best way to dial in the carb on a stock 365 special. Thanks for any help

There are literally tons of threads on this site explaining how to properly tune a carb. Do some digging, you will find all the information you desire.

Start with factory settings on the H & L and idle screws and go from there. CW is leaner CCW is richer. Don't have a 365 but screw your needles in all the way to seat (gently) then back them out to factory spec, my guess would be 1 turn out for L & 1-1\2 turns out for H and up to 6 turns out for idle but I am guessing here. Do some searching and reading and learn this skill as it is important to all 0h-pe-ee to be properly tuned. At least half the saws many run are not properly tuned, get it right and your doing yourself and you equiptment a favour.

Its ridiculas we cannot abbreviate an old industry term 'Outdoor Power Equipment' to a three letter abbreviation. This censorship of sensible language around here is plain ridiculous. It does nothing positive for the site.
Sometimes things are load in preset up censor lists. Usually a kind note to the site's admin can get it corrected. This what I did when the AnswerArmy site keep censoring out the word "screw" as it was a common technical term we all use. As for "o\p\e" I tend to use "oem" instead.

Back