What Is The Biggest Saw You Would Like To Own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an 088 Stihl....And I'm not all that much more impressed with it than I am my 395.But as soon as I get the time to do it...I'm gonna convert mt KTM250SX into a saw just to play with.

I've got an 088 Stihl....And I'm not all that much more impressed with it than I am my 395.But as soon as I get the time to do it...I'm gonna convert mt KTM250SX into a saw just to play with.

TH, Mod that 088. I ran a guys woods ported 880 and it is all smiles.
I ran the stock 084 and it is oh hum too, but then I have ran 3 modded 084's and it wakes them puppies up too.
They are sort of boring saws till they get a wake up pill. :cheers:

you got it i'm coming to charden i'll let you run after the show:rockn:

Sat morning at 10am is only a maybe at best 50/50 right now. Now someone get me into the axe throw I might just have a reason to be there Sat. :cheers:
But Sunday for the Finals I will be there for sure 100%.

fellerbuncher_rubbertire4wheel.jpg

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Probably a 7900. More than enough for my needs, and just for fun.

maybe a Simonized 385 for serious felling, and a Husky 455 for milling

Biggest I Want?

Next on the list is an MS460. I don't see myself ever needing more than this saw. Could be wrong...but I don't think so. It'll probably be just a while before I pick it up, probably towards the fall time frame.

THE 166 SACHS 3120 HUSKY 084 088 STIHL 750 HOMELITE 125 MAC P-100 PARTNER WHAT IS YOUR DREAM SAW TO OWN AND RUN THESE WHERE SAW GIANTS FORGET BIGBORE ON THESE SAWS WHERE PURE POWER :rockn: :givebeer: :rock:

Contra S, 090 or 111, they are the cool ones, but only for the cool factor of it, definately don't need a saw in this class.....:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

those big heffer saws with harvester bars

the part that i'm working out.. as i'm new to this.. is.. what are you guys using for clutches and sprockets when hooking up these motorbike engines... anything easy to find or tried and true?

i've got a motorcycle salvage place down the street.. so i'm getting itchy

I have my biggest saw now...the 660. A bigger saw would be nice but it wouldn't get used often enough to pay for itself. My saws have to earn their keep. Judging by this thread if I do need a big saw for a day theres plenty of them on here. Can you guys with the big saws and bars over 36 inches hold them up long enough to get a humboldt started? ;) All day long? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back