What Is The Biggest Saw You Would Like To Own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEANHUSQVARNA

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
THE 166 SACHS 3120 HUSKY 084 088 STIHL 750 HOMELITE 125 MAC P-100 PARTNER WHAT IS YOUR DREAM SAW TO OWN AND RUN THESE WHERE SAW GIANTS FORGET BIGBORE ON THESE SAWS WHERE PURE POWER :rockn: :givebeer: :rock:

i'm pretty content with the 395xp

my partner has a 3120 and it's too damn heavy.i really like running my buddies 056.been thinking of an 084 just for the hell of it.

395's are but it is nice when you go to a gtg it is nice to have the big dog on the block forgot about the 090's and solo rex's nice saws to own and run:greenchainsaw:

This would be fun...

v8chainsaw.jpg

or this...

chainsaw.jpg

:jawdrop:

Own.. and USE every day.. 2 different things :laugh:

I have an 090 that is mounted on my sawmill, thats the best place for one, it weights about 1/2 a ton. To use every day, my Dolmar 7900 is plenty :)

Cheers

Ian

saws

I would like stihl 090,084,076or075, dolamar 166. And of course a 320 rotex hotsaw.:laugh: :D :buttkick: :rock:

ej

having trouble putting pictures on the site but cut4fun going to put up some of my artic cat racing saw it is a 350 cc 1/2 chain i run on it ibuilt the saw and i'll get my pictures of my 250 tonight

088 but.....

From a power to weight stand point my 088 is just fine when running small to medium bars on it, however when it comes to big bars in bigwood the automatic oiler set wide open just doesn't cut it.

This makes me wish I still had my 084 with it's manual oiler that supplemented it's automatic one. Why the good folks at Stihl did away with the manual oiler on their 088 is a mystery to me, and I find myself cursing them for it everytime I have to put my six foot Cannon bar on the 088 and it binds up in big deadwood for lack of sufficient bar oil.

It also makes me curse the very sneaky thief that stole my 084 on one of the few occasions that I didn't have it chained down or locked away in my toolbox.

jomoco

having trouble putting pictures on the site but cut4fun going to put up some of my artic cat racing saw it is a 350 cc 1/2 chain i run on it ibuilt the saw and i'll get my pictures of my 250 tonight

EJ, as soon as WJ finds it and sends it to me, I will resize and post it.

I just picked up a Pioneer 600, 103 cc's. Still gotta get it running. That should be big enough for now. Had an 056 once, that was a mean one. Got a few 80 cc macs. Just wanted to own at least one 100 cc saw.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back