What is the difference between the Husky XP and Landowner saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Non-pro. saws are often (usually?) clamshell construction. Some crank cases may also be plastic.

Most of the time the only difference between the XP and "landowner" saws are power. They both usually offer magnesium construction and adjustable oil pumps.

Non-pro. saws are often (usually?) clamshell construction. Some crank cases may also be plastic.

I've seen this assertion before; still don't believe it. No offense, but can you point to one model of chainsaw (no ChiCom please!) that has a thermoplastic crankcase? Interested in a wager?

It depends.

In some instances, the non-xp "landowner" variety is really a professional saw with somewhat reduced performance. In other cases it is a plastic crank case saw.

So In instances like the 555/562xp, 365/372xp, 570/576xp, 359/357xp, it is essentially the case that the non-xp saw has a slightly different top end, but the body of the saw, the bottom end, etc is more or less the same.

In the case of something like a 455 rancher, it is a landowner saw in that it is reasonably durable with high cutting capacity, however it is not a pro saw as it does not have a mag case, nor does it share a sibiling in the xp line.

Most of the time the only difference between the XP and "landowner" saws are power. They both usually offer magnesium construction and adjustable oil pumps.
Not the case at all! Constuction is very different between pro saws and home owner saws.

I've seen this assertion before; still don't believe it. No offense, but can you point to one model of chainsaw (no ChiCom please!) that has a thermoplastic crankcase? Interested in a wager?
Believe it. Check out the 340, 345, and 350.

Not the case at all! Constuction is very different between pro saws and home owner saws.

Believe it. Check out the 340, 345, and 350.

he's saying landowner

there's homeowner, landowner, and then professional

landowner encompasses some non xp models that are on pro construction.

Aw, man. You guys responded too fast and didn't give me a chance to bet !

Just wanting to know the differences. thanks.

Nothing...all Husky saws are junk, some are just sold at junk prices in a "homeowner" store. The others are sold to "junk" collectors in a "dealership"....hehe

Sorry for adding very little to this thread but I figured it would at least drive Nikko nuts...

in all seriousness...if you are paying <$300 bucks for a new saw....its a "homeowner"
if you are paying better then $600 for a new saw...its a "pro". There ain't no further marketing plans needed. And there ain't no shortcuts to quality either.

you guys are all wrong on this one

i just went to check my 340......

then the parts manual.......part #37 17 20-03 .....

it's actually made of kryptonite! in sweden it's found in a small mine by the factory. mined by 6 foot blondes in bikinis.

never knew. always wondered why it wants to tip over when setting it down, abused hard for the last 6 years with no issues.

stay thirsty.

Latest posts

Back