What is this for on a Husky 262??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_20140310_182331_811.jpg IMG_20140310_154014_906.jpg

I've got a friend that has a real nice 262 and he was aking me if I knew what the small compartment was on the rear handle/foot pad area of this saw. I didn't know and we couldn't figure it out. The compartment has a screw to keep it closed but doesn't look big enough to hold anything you might need like a spare chain, scrench, spark plug or anything else like that. I'm guessing someone here will know.
Got to spend the day in the woods with four good friends filling 5 trucks with firewood. I got to run my P-60 on a 36"+ juniper and ran the 346,357 and 385 in some nice oak. Beats going to work for sure!

was looking at an IPL, it shows a small foot pad/block? in this area of the rear handle but has no part number?..............just checked my parts list from 1990, it shows two different pieces, one is part # (m)506130902 which is the first one i described, and there's second smaller looking foot pad? is #(m)503501701, not sure why the (m) is in front of the part number but that's how it's shown, maybe nikko will chime in on that...........just found a foot note for the (m), it says "microprocessor", not sure what that means either?......

wouldn't that be a great idea though? Have a clip to hold a scrench, and a place for a plug too maybe you would screw the plug into some plastic threads someplace up inside the handle bar or something...Patent pending there ya cant rob my million dollar idea now !

Strictly for the female loggers. Storage for certain hygene products.

O.T.O.H.; storage for those of either gender who practice safe sex.

(above is dirty old man speculation)
The standard answer 'round here used to be " 'tobacco' and (rolling) papers."

Both good suggestions, but not the truth.....:laugh:

It was for some early engine management stuff. It never made it into production and the compartment has been the subject of many jokes ever since.

True. :D

Strictly for the female loggers. Storage for certain hygene products.

O.T.O.H.; storage for those of either gender who practice safe sex.

(above is dirty old man speculation)

I cut wood with other men normally... for some of them, a Kotex maybe... condom, there not that good looking!

Excuse me honey, I need to visit a saw in the garage before we do this.... that would be the end of US !!!

Back