What is wrong with me? Why can't I buy a Poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After reading weeks of posting on how great a bargain the Poulan 330 is I went to TS to buy one.
I had the saw in my cart and just couldn't bring myself to move towards the register.
I kept telling myself about the good used Husky 445 and Stihl 250 I had seen for the same price or less.
I know these saws don't compare to the Poulan in power, but I still couldn't bring myself to buy it. My buddy had an old Poulan and it was great.
But still it ran though my head that I could find a good used Husky 350 for the same money.
Or that I should take my tight azz to the Husky dealer and just get a 346xp. Even though all I want this saw for is to do light work where I have to move or climb things a lot. Which isn't very often. So the saw will not see much use at all and I'd be wasting my money on too expensive a saw.

Still couldn't bring myself to move towards the register. Even the cute girl running the register and looking right at me couldn't make me move.

It just felt like I was getting ready to go on a date with my cousin. I mean she's hot, but man she's my cousin, her mom's my aunt, but my aunt's hot too. Ugghhhhh I just said my aunt's hot.

So after about 20 minutes, I put the saw back and walked out of the store. I want to go and try to buy it tomorrow, but it feels strange to think a Poulan may find it's way into my CAD.

You dont have CAD bad enough. If you were full blown youd a bought it without a second thought. Like my cousin says "dont be afraid" .:chainsaw:

There's a dealer selling brand new Husky 350s on ebay for $269.
I bought one just because I didn't think I'd ever find one new in the box any cheaper.
I think the extra $69 over the Poulin is probably worth it.

I can't stand it anymore!!!!...The guilt is overwhelming. I need to cleanse, my brothers...

I was in Wally World the other day...was going to buy my wife a little POS saw for her to run. She would be taking down small stuff with it, didn't want her to trash any of my Stihls....All OPE was gone..no saws,chain,mix. Halloween crap took its place...Now I'm lost. Even worse, my wife works there, so I get 10% off.....

After reading weeks of posting on how great a bargain the Poulan 330 is I went to TS to buy one.
I had the saw in my cart and just couldn't bring myself to move towards the register.
I kept telling myself about the good used Husky 445 and Stihl 250 I had seen for the same price or less.
I know these saws don't compare to the Poulan in power, but I still couldn't bring myself to buy it. My buddy had an old Poulan and it was great.
But still it ran though my head that I could find a good used Husky 350 for the same money.
Or that I should take my tight azz to the Husky dealer and just get a 346xp. Even though all I want this saw for is to do light work where I have to move or climb things a lot. Which isn't very often. So the saw will not see much use at all and I'd be wasting my money on too expensive a saw.

Still couldn't bring myself to move towards the register. Even the cute girl running the register and looking right at me couldn't make me move.

It just felt like I was getting ready to go on a date with my cousin. I mean she's hot, but man she's my cousin, her mom's my aunt, but my aunt's hot too. Ugghhhhh I just said my aunt's hot.

So after about 20 minutes, I put the saw back and walked out of the store. I want to go and try to buy it tomorrow, but it feels strange to think a Poulan may find it's way into my CAD.

Your problem is you have the moped/fat chick complex. You know it's cool until you get caught. I promise not to tell.
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

DON'T do it!

because...

the next thing you know you will be strapping that poulan down on the back of your scooter and riding to the next saw job. Your scooter(also from TS) is in the same color as is your Poulan & helmet and oversized goggles....a contrasting scarf blowing in the 8mph wind created as you fly thru traffic.

stop the madness and walk away........

RD

There's a dealer selling brand new Husky 350s on ebay for $269.
I bought one just because I didn't think I'd ever find one new in the box any cheaper.
I think the extra $69 over the Poulin is probably worth it.

Not hardly, the poulan is a much better saw for less money not to mention more power.
People bash this poulan name because they have no clue about the good ones.

If you buy it you will wonder why you put it off so long.:cheers:

Family tree's go out.. not in... Anything past the 3rd cousins you should be good to go... :monkey:

I would rather have the Poulan than either the Husky or the Stihl you mentioned. Compared to those two choices I would rather heat with propane.

It's a good saw seriously. Also, I have realized that I don't need to be a saw snob to be happy with my gear. Hell, all three of my saws (that I'm keeping) are Poulans, two of which are the "crappy" variety - but they cut wood and thats what makes me happy.

Also, I'm seriously considering only have two saws (plus the electric I'm working on). I think the PP330 and a little Echo, maybe a CS400 or something would be good.

Latest posts

Back