What is your "crown jewel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
Just curious to see what different people see as valuable. If you had a van load of AS members headed over to your house, what saw would you be most proud of to show off, and why? It doesn't have to be something everyone else would think was valuable. Could be a Super EZ your dad gave you, or the Mini MAC that cut the limb off your brothers chest.

I like showing of my Wright C-70, because it has the variable ignition timing and is pretty cool for an old relic.

C'mon Lee and Bill. What's yours?

I really like the Pioneer Super 620 I bought at a Garage sale a few months back, at the Indiana GTG people really enjoyed using it:)

Pioneer019.jpg

Just curious to see what different people see as valuable. If you had a van load of AS members headed over to your house, what saw would you be most proud of to show off, and why? It doesn't have to be something everyone else would think was valuable. Could be a Super EZ your dad gave you, or the Mini MAC that cut the limb off your brothers chest.

I like showing of my Wright C-70, because it has the variable ignition timing and is pretty cool for an old relic.

C'mon Lee and Bill. What's yours?

I'm not sure members would be impressed with any of my work saws but my newest 056 MagII runs like a champ and am proud of it.
4038628772_2ed8c474a6.jpg

I really like the Pioneer Super 620 I bought at a Garage sale a few months back, at the Indiana GTG people really enjoyed using it:)

Pioneer019.jpg

Yes I did, I thought the peg for your foot while starting it was the coolest.

Last edited:
If my dad's XL with its magnesium case was running, that would be my 'jewel.' Do believe it needs new fuel lines and a duck bill valve. I wish he could find his Super XL.
My 441 is probly more to look at though as it is much newer and has been in a case since new a couple years or so ago.

Most people don't give a rats about my saws but they usually paw all over all my home made mills.

Yes, but what saws do YOU value most? :cheers: Just trying to flush out a story or two here. I have been caught in a couple off topic threads lately. I'm going to try and stick to saws from now on.

I'm excited to see what some the "left coast" crowd have to add once the sun rises out there. And also what ones a certain well known McCulloch collector might pick.

I would have to say my trusty old 026.
Nothing fancy, very common and by far not the most expensive one in the collection. But it has served me well and will continue to do so, for many years to come.

However. My newly acquired 444 SG looks more and more like it could take it's place one day.

For me it is all about functionality. Therein lies true value.

Tim, Its hard for me to pick, but I myself am pretty proud of my Poulan Pro 325.

Not many of these around.
attachment.php

Then again, I'm pretty proud of the Super EZ that I restored and my daughter who offered to take possesion of it and the story of her grandfather who worked his butt off with one.
attachment.php

I traded for this one back yesterday....I had it, my buddy wanted it, and then I had something he wanted. I love it when a plan comes together...This is untouched, in original case with manual.
picture.php

picture.php

That sure is a nice one mark...

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Lately its been my $120 estate sale saw. Newest saw ever for me, sure has nice antivibe. Now has about 5 tanks thru it!!! Yet to be sharpened.:) The seller said he was sorry it was dusty, I said thats "OK"

Last edited:
Hmmm. This is a hard one for me too. It would probably have to be my nearly mint 090 I got a couple months ago.

619679752_StaWz-M.jpg

The government green Lightning ranks up there too.

473548637_x5eot-M.jpg

Of the saws I've restored, it would definately be my 07S.

270999612_jYd99-M-1.jpg

The 076 Super is right up there as well.

518443366_gW2dr-M.jpg

Considering the performance potential, I'd have to choose the 3120.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back