What is your dream old saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dream saw is my grandfathers old mac that had a wind-up push button starter my cousin has it... my grandpa died of cancer in 1974 so i guess it would be nice to have something my mom can remember her dad by

Good Lord, that's $1300 more than the last NOS 090 I bought.:dizzy:

No kidding. That's 12 times higher than my first car. The car was used of course.
Still like to have one though. but I couldn't spend the money on unused condition though. The extra money I spent on unused condition would be wasted because I'd be out cutting with it the day it arrived.

McCulloch BP-1 please.

Of course, please feel free to add any '48-'78 one man McCulloch you see missing from my signature below...

Mark

Mark,

I figured you got the (3) BP-1 saws that were sold online last week.

Bill

I think an 090av would be the ducks nuts.
I went out with the FIL last week and was going to give my 660 a rest and use his 090. Damn thing refused to start for me and when the FIL gave it a go it still wouldn't start. This was the first time ever apparently. I think I may have to buy my own

I would like to get my paws on one of the huge old Poulan (5400,5600,6000) saws in real good shape!
I'll bet they would be fun for a short period of time.

Mike

I'd like a pair of 440's.. brand new...

You didn't set one aside before they were gone?

I've already stashed away a 372 and a 2171. Gonna keep 'em in the boxes like your 056, and I don't know if I can drink enough beer to change my mind.:clap:

I would like to get my paws on one of the huge old Poulan (5400,5600,6000) saws in real good shape!
I'll bet they would be fun for a short period of time.

Mike
I have owned all the big poulans at 1 time or another. My pick is the 5400! Even over the s6000 and the pp655 although the 655 is a bad dude!:cheers:

Years ago I saw a twin-cylinder model airplane engine made from splicing together two Pioneer P-62 engines...so yeah, that's my dream chainsaw...a P-62 x 2 twin cylinder saw.:clap:

Put me down for 2!!!:jawdrop:

Echo CST-610 EVL ...... Oh so cool ! I is just plain neat. I'll bet you could really make a hot-rod saw out of it. Sorry ! I am just dreaming !

Depends on a few things. I miss the old 070s we used to run in the woods around these parts. An 090 would be even better. I wanted an 051 so bad, back when I was a teenager, that I could taste it. I finally bought one a few years back, and I really wasn't impressed. I'm spoiled by the 044, 372XP, 066. I would love to find a Homelite 870 in good shape with a wrap handle some day, or a Homie 5030N, which was my first saw at age 12. But my all time favorite, realistically, would have to be the venerable 041.

..................I would love to find a Homelite 870 in good shape with a wrap handle some day, or a Homie 5030N, which was my first saw at age 12. ................

I assume you mean the 5-30 but I am lost on the 870?

Bill

Latest posts

Back