What is your favorite chainsaw of all time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello: if I could only have one chainsaw... ugh, very difficult... there are several... but I'll stick with the Jonsered 670 super II... it's old, but it's a strong, safe, reliable machine with power for almost anything... it was my first chainsaw, and many brands and models have passed through my hands... but without a doubt this is the one I would keep... and I still have it on my shelf, next to a stihl 038 magnum .

A favorite Saw depends upon the "USE" of a chainsaw. Lets not forget a LOT of people that read this site are "occasional" users. I think it's not wise to "over buy". Not everyone needs a Professional Saw that can take a beating day after day for years. Yes, I've got some very old Stihls. You can toss the old MS 024 in the back of a truck and drive a bumpy road and even the clutch cover is metal. It's been a good saw for years. At 42cc I don't see any vast cutting improvement over the Echo 352, a 34cc light easy to use saw. I seldom get a Stihl out of the barn. My ATV trails are kept open with an Echo cs352. Once in a while I need a bigger saw, it's my Echo 490, Occasionally, I need a big saw with a long bar. The Echo cs590 does that job well.. BUT none of these saws are used daily. So,, for the Average farm owner, or home owner IMHO, nothing beats a Echo. They can sit for a year in between use and still start and run well after a warm up. Mine idle as long as it's got gas.. Maintenance is minimal. Learn how to file a chain and take care of a bar. Chains and bars are cheap. You can easily find a 3/8 chain and bar at most box stores. They are like a Grandmother.. Dependable. loveable, and something I can trust. So,, my Favorite saw, for my life style is an Echo, probably my Echo cs352 is my most favorite and most used.

If I could only choose one it would be the HUSQVARNA 372XP, I love my ported 372! My 395xp is an awesome saw too but the 372 is more of my do it all saw

A favorite Saw depends upon the "USE" of a chainsaw. Lets not forget a LOT of people that read this site are "occasional" users. I think it's not wise to "over buy". Not everyone needs a Professional Saw that can take a beating day after day for years. Yes, I've got some very old Stihls. You can toss the old MS 024 in the back of a truck and drive a bumpy road and even the clutch cover is metal. It's been a good saw for years. At 42cc I don't see any vast cutting improvement over the Echo 352, a 34cc light easy to use saw. I seldom get a Stihl out of the barn. My ATV trails are kept open with an Echo cs352. Once in a while I need a bigger saw, it's my Echo 490, Occasionally, I need a big saw with a long bar. The Echo cs590 does that job well.. BUT none of these saws are used daily. So,, for the Average farm owner, or home owner IMHO, nothing beats a Echo. They can sit for a year in between use and still start and run well after a warm up. Mine idle as long as it's got gas.. Maintenance is minimal. Learn how to file a chain and take care of a bar. Chains and bars are cheap. You can easily find a 3/8 chain and bar at most box stores. They are like a Grandmother.. Dependable. loveable, and something I can trust. So,, my Favorite saw, for my life style is an Echo, probably my Echo cs352 is my most favorite and most used.

I have a 352. Outstanding saw for its size and weight, but my favorite would have to be my Husqvarna 50 that I bought new in 1986.

Latest posts

Back