What is your favorite chainsaw of all time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the midst of several project saws and I'm guessing the 056 Super will probably win me over. Until then, I'm running a Farmertec G660 that I built myself with many upgraded and OEM Stihl parts. It's a beast and I absolutely love it.

Out of all of my favourite is simply the one i use the most, which is an ms200tc. It hasnt really let me down though it throws the chain enough to have mangled the body in places that are plastic and should be metal.

Stihl 038 Magnum is a great medium size saw. Just runs great and extremely durable.
Husqvarna 51 and 55 are also great small size saws for liming.

Attachments

• Stihl 038 Magnum.jpg
    Stihl 038 Magnum.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 0
Currently my go-to is a Dolmar PS-6100 with 18 and 24 inch bars. Always starts, always idles nice, handles well. Exhaust clean - doesn't burn eyes - and not smokey.

Being I have to have rest of my life and I want to be able to do my own work. Being you cant depend on a saw you have to drop off at the shop to hook up to computers etc.

My pick for all around would be the 372xp OE saws.

3 71cc and the Poulan out cut them testing one day with same chain in timed cuts.

h372oepp445s440.jpg

Stihl 044 10mm but due to vibrations I use Stihl 400c now, closest I found ... both usually with 20" bar
Off topic, but in need of an opinion. I would like to graduate from the 1127-series saw. I have re-conditioned hundreds. Offered for sale to local homeowners, farmers, and property owners......they always sell in days.

I seek knowledge as to the 44/46 saws. 044, MS440, 046, MS460.
Is every model a good bet if the price is right? ($250 - 300) Do some of this group have short-comings?
I buy, restore, and sell a dozen chainsaws every 3 mths. or so. I'm careful what I buy, and make a break-even profit. Its a hobby.

Farmers always have 2 saws. The market is real here. The returning veteran, will come looking for machine to get a new start with. Doesn't matter where he hopes to go, just that nothing bar him from getting on with his life. Those saws are routinely gifted.

Its my favourite but not a "rest of life saw" (thats too speculative), the Atom Supercut Special 60cc?. Along with the other Atom models, Australia's only domestically mass produced chainsaw.

Attachments

• Atom Supercut Special.jpg
    Atom Supercut Special.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • page01.jpg
    page01.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
Being I have to have rest of my life and I want to be able to do my own work. Being you cant depend on a saw you have to drop off at the shop to hook up to computers etc.

My pick for all around would be the 372xp OE saws.

3 71cc and the Poulan out cut them testing one day with same chain in timed cuts.

View attachment 1114397
I have the bigger brother Poulan 505 that I kinda like.

Well my 505 is a bit special as it came from our State park. They brought all their saws in to trade on a couple new Stihls.

Back