What is your favorite part of a rebuild?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the "most hated part" thread of @Spoon Carving With Tom, so I decided to start a new one. In this thread I'm asking what is the best part, the most satisfying part of a rebuild for you? Most of my life's working career was spent as a pathologist. When I rebuild a saw, mainly basket cases, I look them over carefully, pull the cord, remove the muffler, then try to imagine the most likely cause of death. Then I start the teardown and see how close I came. Sometimes, as in human pathology, you can only suggest probabilities. Sometimes it jumps out at you. So I would have to say, my favorite part:
(1) Finding the cause of death, followed closely by (2) the first startup of the finished saw. What's yours?

My favorite part is the teardown, I've even done it to my brand spanking new out the box saws. Digging into them and seeing their inner workings gives me some interesting ideas.

Latest posts

Back