What knot are you tying on before you drop those tops?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Ya, boss. You tie 'em on nice and tight, and I cut 'em off smite and right."

Hey, I'm OK on the original topic here. I spent 8 hours last night in the video library, and ran across a few of Reg's vids. He must have somehow demonstrated how he puts a heavy load in a bind. I was trying to tie what he ties them with during this past summer, but somehow I was tying a Jersey Hatchet Knot.....proudly like most men warrking in trees these days. :msp_unsure: Then there is the Ruming Bowline and Half-Hintch. I can see that is a sweet not that I over looked before.

I'm goob to go, gentlemen, and done with this thread.

Keep pumpin' this AS thing. :msp_wub:

Alrigth, cut the crap. I'm not going to get mad at anyone for being kypin' jerks, and you know you are when you are. I have no doubt in my mind. You got a problem, then don't communicate it to me. Send it to your buddy via PM. This show ends right now for anyone that thinks I'm going to play argumentative water boy with random people on any of these websites any more.

End of thread. I have my answers. :popcorn:

We got alot of those Balloon Knots around here! I was working for one today.:dizzy:

Watch out with those 'Balloon Knots' I heard they can really come un-done at the wrong time with some fiber, guess they mean wood fiber right?

I've tried a few different knots on the big pieces over the past few years, but they all bind tightly into the wood and take too long to get undone when it's all on the ground. I bet they all bind like that.
If you dont know the knot tie:kilt: alot! good luck sometimes I'll slip an old beanier in the bend that help's.

I am just checking out this thread, it has seemed to have deteriorated a little. Pretty basic stuff and everyone more or less using half hitches, and running bowlines, and the knife knot everyone in a while(same as the hatchet knot) I don't know if their unique to So. Cal. and downunder, but lemon eucs (Corymbia citriodora) sometimes present a special challenge. They are slick as all get out, and have hardly any lower growth. They are escape artist and will easily slip a half hitch and bowline. I have used a half hitch with a clove hitch, pulled really tight, or a bowline with a bite and a half hitch. I have notched the piece to hold the rope on. It's a heavy dense wood also that only adds to the difficulty. If tied right with both raps of the rope pulled apart so it binds, both the clove and bowline with a bite seem to work well in this situation. Bindings good some times.

I am just checking out this thread, it has seemed to have deteriorated a little. Pretty basic stuff and everyone more or less using half hitches, and running bowlines, and the knife knot everyone in a while(same as the hatchet knot) I don't know if their unique to So. Cal. and downunder, but lemon eucs (Corymbia citriodora) sometimes present a special challenge. They are slick as all get out, and have hardly any lower growth. They are escape artist and will easily slip a half hitch and bowline. I have used a half hitch with a clove hitch, pulled really tight, or a bowline with a bite and a half hitch. I have notched the piece to hold the rope on. It's a heavy dense wood also that only adds to the difficulty. If tied right with both raps of the rope pulled apart so it binds, both the clove and bowline with a bite seem to work well in this situation. Bindings good some times.

Yup the slick stuff gets more marlines here its slickamore and slickgum lol any way watcha top knot :hmm3grin2orange:

And if your chunking and rigging down trunk wood, the bark breaks loose and then you got a slick and slimy log.
Jeff

You're trying to get me fired up, Timbo. :spam:

No, I would like to see you make some calm, cool and smart decisions.

Im trying to get you to have a long and profitable life, Im trying to give you a head start, Im trying to save your family and friends some grief.

Its the best advice for you that I have, and Im delivering it in a way that hope gets through.

Latest posts

Back