What Knot Do You Use For Pulling Trees Over?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlRockin'

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was taught this knot over 20 years ago and have been using it since. Not sure what it is, but when I use 1/2' rope and there's a heavy pull, sometimes the knot is a bugger to undue. This hardly happens.

I have an idea of what knot I'm going to switch to, however I would like to know which knot you use?

The scenario is after a throw line is used and the pull rope is pulled through, I want to tie a slip knot so it cinches back up the line on the tree.

StihlRockin'

This reminds me of a lot of your posts. "This thing I am totally a master of but don't really have enough of a grasp on to explain", " so can someone else please tell me what to do without blowing the lid off of the fact that I don't really know ****". Does that make sense?

This reminds me of a lot of your posts. "This thing I am totally a master of but don't really have enough of a grasp on to explain", " so can someone else please tell me what to do without blowing the lid off of the fact that I don't really know ****". Does that make sense?

Who are you referring to CanopyGorilla?

StihlRockin'

Whatever. Never heard such nonsense. I am happy to see you say that as it shows your character and the type of person you are. Your post makes no sense. I and I'm sure others don't have the patience to put with such remarks, so take your ball and go away. I highly recommend for you that when people post asking questions and are looking for opinions and advice, you stick to the program. Sorry if this offends you Charlie. Just sayin'.

StihlRockin'

Thanks for the replies thus far guys. We use the running bowline for lowering as it's easy and quick to setup and the groundies can undue quickly.

It was the knot I was going to change to and seeing the replies cinches it. LOL! (pun intended)

Take care.

StihlRockin'

Back