What pitch is this drive spocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw is a remington pl4 it came with a 3/8 pitch chain which i figure is rite for 59cc saw. The chain drivers seems not to mesh very well going aroumd the sprocket. I looked on acers chainsaw colector and it says it has a .404 pitch could this be rite?

Heres a pic with part number on drum.
1f6f12ba545ded87f6401b7062bb085c.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Na its the bar an chain off my 038mag. I fitted it to the saw. Its 3/8.

I have four PL/SL-4's and they all came with and presently use 3/8".

From the IPL, A23-387 is 3/8" X 7 tooth.

I did set up a John Deere 17 (PL-4) for Hedgerow with a 15" roller nose running .404". It is a shelf sitter.

Is the tail of the Stihl bar the appropriate width for the saw it's on? ie, the chain's not trying to catch the tail of the bar? It seems ok in the pics but that would be another thing to check.

Chain goes into tail end of bar good. The sprocket is a little worn but b seen worse. Will take sprocket off in a bit and take pic.

Saw is a remington pl4 it came with a 3/8 pitch chain which i figure is rite for 59cc saw. The chain drivers seems not to mesh very well going aroumd the sprocket. I looked on acers chainsaw colector and it says it has a .404 pitch could this be rite?

Heres a pic with part number on drum.
1f6f12ba545ded87f6401b7062bb085c.jpg

You have a harbor freight aharpener?

Heres a pic of sprocket and chain.
64e6aa20fd245aebad9fbf1a494bbd6c.jpg
d078c7f4993570c87971a9a5bf5ad8fb.jpg

I think the sprocket is a little more worn then i thought.

Oh it super bad ass. Ya dnt get better then power fist lol. I mainly sharpen by hand.

I have a pos harbor freight that I had to change the rail pitch. It works a lot better now. But I use a oregon grinder now

that sprocket is too worn me thinks
Thats what i thnkin too after i had a better look. Guess i will have to pick up a new one for the beeter saw.

Although i did fix a worn sprocket for the pioneer i used to have. I built it up with weld and ground back to shape. Hut thats a lot of work lol. Well see how bord i get this week.

Thats what i thnkin too after i had a better look. Guess i will have to pick up a new one for the beeter saw.

Although i did fix a worn sprocket for the pioneer i used to have. I built it up with weld and ground back to shape. Hut thats a lot of work lol. Well see how bord i get this week.

Being bored can be a learning experience. That when I get my trail n error mode going

Latest posts

Back