What saw do you regret buying the most ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a saw mechanic so all the saws I bought to fix; 015, 048, 026 and my last impulse buy homelite XL923.
What was I thinking on the XL?? :chainsaw:

Other saws that I bought but didn't use much; 7900, 056 mag, 038 mag, 066 and a NIB 440.
I wonder why I am even on AS sometimes? Must be the great people and I like burning wood in the firepit:chop:

Homelite UT105xx - Did use for firewood bucking for 5 years but always needed some kind of tweaking. Delighted to get $50 for it recently. Almost ran like a bandit after guy handed over cash.

homelite ut10584 c.jpg

I picked up an 026 in great shape for $100 a year ago that I immediately regretted. Mostly because on my way to pick it up I called my brother and asked if he wanted it because I knew he was looking for a saw. I wish I had kept it long enough to at least run a few tanks through as I've never ran an 026/260.

I picked up an 026 in great shape for $100 a year ago that I immediately regretted. Mostly because on my way to pick it up I called my brother and asked if he wanted it because I knew he was looking for a saw. I wish I had kept it long enough to at least run a few tanks through as I've never ran an 026/260.
Well, you suck in a good way for getting a great buy on a great saw. You suck in a bad way for not keeping it. But, you suck in a good way for getting your bro a good saw. At least it's still in the family.

Update: The saws I most regret buying are probably the ones I may buy this weekend. Saw a pic of the saws on the auction site I'm planning to attend and the saws look pretty bad, mostly Poulan and Homelite but not the good versions of either. Some looked so bad I may have to pass...Lot of door stops, in my opinion.

Well its hard for me to admit since this saw is legendary, but my stock 372 x-t. It just doesn't do it for me and before all of you guys say just have it ported realize I've got a 7900 that runs like a beast stock. I haven't used the 372 much at all with the other saws in my stable.

Well i really have not purchased many saws at all. I have traded a homelite st275 weedwopper for my husky 350. I hate all the plastic but man does it rev some rpms. My jonny unknowen model i trash picked with my poulan they are both 60+ cc saws the jonny needs crank bearings i think. It will only turn backwards without jamming. I do hate my eager beavers they run well but feel so cheap. And parts are used only and rare. My two favorites are my echo 452vl and my homelite vi super 2. Those impress me with the construction build quality and the homie shocks me how strong it is with a lp 3/8 semi chisle on a 16" sproket nose. So i guess some people hate super 2s others lovev em. I just love old vintage stuff. I would take a old metal body saw over a way newer faster stronger saw any day. Unless free or very good deal even better if a trade for a weedwopper, leaf blower, or a snowblower.

Pristine Echo 4600 with 165 psi and no spark. Coil(NOS) is $100:confused: Missing chain brake assembly...no longer availableo_O. I will be so upside down on that saw, I will have to stand on my head to start it.
Wow that's unfortunate. I love my 4600.

Ms 250 pos. Not dependable at all. Got a mind of its own. Sometimes starts other times floods.

Poulan 3700. Great saw but to many issues for a rookie. Could never get it to run right.

Ok i got a re post of a major cad problem more then one perticular saw regret exactly. I just aquired a 630 jred a 625 parts saw and a 670 parts saw. The 630 now needs a crank. Oh now i am in deep!!!! I am hoping i can salvage a crank from one of my parts saws. Or another parts saw:-\ oh man this is terrible to love two smokes so much. And vintage rocket ones at that.

New 372-XPW. I have nothing to cut that my almost free and ported 038 mag or ported 272 XP won't handle.
Next would be the spare Poulan Pro 330 I bought that is still in the box. I don't think I will live long enough to open it due to all the other choices in saws I have. I don't even have a fire place. Darn you cad. Well they all do put a smile on my face when I do get run them, except the one still in the box.

(edit) I do regret buying a chinese gas tank for my 365 with 372 cylinder that was advertised as OEM. The throttle works for a little while and then stops. I should have just spent the extra couple bucks and done it right.

Ms440....before I get beheaded by everyone ,,I'll say I regret not buying 2....local logger had 2 for sale for $250 each and they both ran,,,I listened to my wife and only bought one! Dangit.
I have not regreted buying any saw I like them all....

Latest posts

Back