What Saw Is In Your Truck Just In Case.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Mac Power Mac 320 top handles. Mostly because they don't take up much room in my toolbox, and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad if some crackhead were to steal one of them. I'd still stomp the piss out of him just for the principle of it, but I wouldn't miss either one of those saws all that much!.....Cliff

Last edited:
Right now a Husky 372xp, and a Solo 681. As soon as I get this job inspected my thinning season is pretty much over. I sold my little 350 and ran over my 357xp, so I'll have to find another little saw to carry around.

Andy

Boy do I feel like a weenie I usually carry an 021 in my toolbox but since it konked out I threw my 017 in there.:chainsaw:

Hey, at least it's a name brand! I don't usually carry one, but if I get an inkling, I throw my PoulanCraftsman 2.7 behind the seat. It's an embarrassing black plasticy thing that starts every time and runs great. It's the perfect junk saw. 2x4s, pallets, the odd juniper, anything's fair game.

AK-47... it is illegal to use in full auto in public and a bit slow to cut large trees down, and only cuts less than 10" wood well. A .50 BMG full auto cuts larger wood much better from a greater distance, but a .50 is heavier and more expensive and would be a bad juju if it was stolen :D

both my homelite super ez ao, and my mac pro 10-10 auto go with me everywhere. never know when a tree is gonna need dropping somewhere.:cheers:

032AV in orange stihl case in locked tool box on work truck.
Come in handy a couple times in recent years.

my 660 and 338 are in the toolbox. rest of my shtuff is in the work trucks.

hahah most run stihl climbers and husky big saws around here. Whatever works though. Ive been debating the benefits of toolbox vs custom crew cab. Id be afraid of leaving 2k worth of saws in a truck toolbox this day in age.

I have a utility bed on my 95 chevy and my saws have their own place. They are in there all the time. My husky 55 is my main saw and the Husky 45 is the backup. If I go awhile without needing the backup 45 I'll just run it through a tank just to keep it fresh. It doesn't have the power of the 55 but it's actually a smoother saw to run.

I work for the road district and my 350 Husky gets the duties for emergency work. Cant beat the primer bulb for starting in sub zero weather. The old 350 has got quite the work out as of late!

Why Twinkle is with me, of course. (440 with a 28" bar)That is why we got Twinkle. I threw a fit after having to cut through some blowdown with a dull pulaski. The Barbie Saw may be going along to the Christmas gathering. It is out at a house in the woods. Trees just topple over on their own when we have weather like this. :mad:

When I am rumnning a loader I don`t need a chainsaw, those darn trees better get outa my way ! LOL. My one beater saw is a Efco Olympic 950 AFF, Bought it new back in the early 80`s and have run the guts out of it and it just keeps coming back for more. Carried in the truck full time,on the ATV and snowmobile when in use. Fell through the ice, been underwater overnight rolled the trailer it was being hauled behind the ATV rolled down hill and got bumped up pretty bad, broke the chainbrake off and bent the rear handle and jammed the throttle trigger and lock. A few baps from the right hand and it still works really well.
Pioneerguy600

Was just curious what saw is in your truck just in case of emergency or? I can't see my beloved 361 sitting back there bangin around, but I have a little Jonny Red 2152 with 18" bar that will do "most" chores when necessary.

Just Curious, Bruce

This time of year I always carry both my fav saws 346ne and 372 with me. They are behind the seat in power boxs so they stack nicely and dont slide around. The 346 is my first pick 80% of the cutting I do though and its always in the top bunk. :)

Kansas

I keep one old beat up blue Homelite xl12 in the back. Starts cuts and was $20.00 at a garage sale. So not a huge loss if it walks away.

I always carry around my Pioneer/Partner P42HP where ever I go. Normally you will never see me without a saw. Even if its out of state. Who knows? Someone might need help. :cheers:

Back