What Saw Is In Your Truck Just In Case.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always in my private car:
helmet,climbing gear,200t,038 mag,660, protective clothing,boots,ropes,gas and bar oil,chains,files,some tools,wedges.

Truck:
same stuff but more of above.

I carry all the saws in my signature in the tool box all the time.

I lined the bottom with a layer of 1/4 Styrofoam and 2 layers of carpet.
The way everything fits in, there's no lateral movement.

All the climbing gear is behind the seat in the truck , also all the time.
The windows are so dark no one can see in.

I used to keep my 346 in the truck, and actually had to use it once to cut a tree out of the road on the way to work, but I've not carried one in a year or so.

Ian

For the last month or so (started with deer season) 020.
Usually 031 or 032. I would carry the 029 but its higher profile doesn't seem to fit as well.

Mike

Got a hacksaw and a few other assorted saws, But no chainsaws. don't carry one when i'm not cuttin. Too many theives and i can't afford to replace one right now.

Picked up a Mac3818 for $20 a while back for just this purpose. In my Ranger, there's not a lot of room so it's stashed behind the seat. If it gets swiped, no biggie. But having a cheapie on me has come in handy for roadside firewood gathering where most anything I encounter is less than 14"

No truck, but a station wagon - it used to be the MS361, but the last year or so it has been the NE346xp (mostly a coinsidence). :)

Not many crackheads around here, but they sure exist - never had an issue though.....

I usually keep a garage sale WILDTHING behind the seat. Made the mistake of running into the Quikie-Mart to grab a 6-pack and didn't bother to lock the doors. Couldn't have been in there more that 5 minutes and when I came out some low-life had left 2 more on the seat. Next time I'll lock er up!

Hillarious, :clap:

I used to say "you couldn't give me one of those pieces of junk", well, one day somebody did.:mad:

It was a like brand new Poulan 2150. It goes in the back of the 4-wheeler for brushing trails or the woodshed for breaking down the occasional piece that wouldn't fit in the stove. Runs good after 28 pulls, but still junk.

I usually keep a garage sale WILDTHING behind the seat. Made the mistake of running into the Quikie-Mart to grab a 6-pack and didn't bother to lock the doors. Couldn't have been in there more that 5 minutes and when I came out some low-life had left 2 more on the seat. Next time I'll lock er up!

Great post!:clap:

Had me to the end.

I just couldn't imagine someone stealing it... Guess I didn't have to!:greenchainsaw:

That was great,LOL gonna rep ya for that one afterwhile.

If you all would get a proper bumper setup on a proper truck you wouldn't have to worry about carrying saws. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you all would get a proper bumper setup on a proper truck you wouldn't have to worry about carrying saws. :hmm3grin2orange:
Something like this.

0808or_09_z+off_road_truck_bumpers_bumper_buyers_guide+t_bilt_tubular_bumpers.jpg

I generally have the little Jonsereds 49SP with me in the truck or on the quad. It always starts right up with just a couple pulls. It has a 24" bar on it with skip chain, which I know is too long, but that's what was on it when I rescued it from a garage sale. The saw will pull it without too much complaining even buried in bigger trees, I just can't lean on it much. If I'm going for a drive out into the mountains I'll throw the 395 in the truck just in case - I've run into some pretty big trees down across the backroads.

I generally have the little Jonsereds 49SP with me in the truck or on the quad. It always starts right up with just a couple pulls. It has a 24" bar on it with skip chain, which I know is too long, but that's what was on it when I rescued it from a garage sale. The saw will pull it without too much complaining even buried in bigger trees, I just can't lean on it much. If I'm going for a drive out into the mountains I'll throw the 395 in the truck just in case - I've run into some pretty big trees down across the backroads.

We had hurricane force winds overnight and 40 cm of snowfall, it felled a lot of trees. I plowed from 11 pm last night to 2.30 pm today, had to cut four good sized spruce trees off the roads where I plow so I could get through and open the roads up. There will be several dozen that will need cutting off at the base as they are close to horizontal and a few laying on house roofs and out buildings. Another busy day tomorrow and the saws will get a workout in the -15-20 weather,got to wait for the wind to drop. These are only small 16-24" dia. second growth trees and some rock maple that were taken over with the spruce trees but it will add in nicely with the rest of the firewood pile for next years burning.
Pioneerguy600

Back