What saws to bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the falling on film. However the lean was much less than I had remembered so it no longer was a BC candidate.

Plus the face cut on video looks ridiculous because the chain I had was super grabby and the saw was bogging.
And the lesson is..... make the video before you talk about it so you can delete it and forget it!

I have the falling on film. However the lean was much less than I had remembered so it no longer was a BC candidate.

Plus the face cut on video looks ridiculous because the chain I had was super grabby and the saw was bogging.

Well now you HAVE to post the vid so we can all laugh at you. Come on, let's have it! :rock:

How old are you now Steven?
38 you say? (IDK) and you still believe in Leprechauns ,you do?

Now I am going to have to tell you this story so you further understand my next story.
You have to be practised at the art of deception my friend. There was a time, I was a young lad and was battling with some young man insecurity's. I placed a call into "The Sunday night sex show with Dr Ruth Westheimer. She said "caller go ahead you are on the air...your question please caller'.
I said.."I have a few concerns with when I engage in intercource". She replys: "Yes caller.. you are on the air...go ahead caller..you can go ahead now" ..........." Well #1,
I am a single guy and I am afraid of contacting an STD ? #2, I suffer with Premature Ejaculation? as well #3, I'm very small" ?
She very quickly responded with; ....
"For problem #1 caller, wear one condom.
For problem # 2 wear a second condom and for problem #3 wear three condoms.. ...thank you next caller please".

You do see the tree In my avitar?
That is actually a straight up and down tree. Make your own setting. Cut some small saplings in the forefront and stick them back in the ground opposite the direction of fall at an exaggerated degree.
Now simply turn the device to that of an opossite and equil degree to give that appearance of you falling a heavy leaner

*NOTE:
VERY IMPORTANT not to use a back leaner in this case.
I just about got caught doing that.
They were on to me but I just said the wood is much different around here and they didn't know what they were talking about.

All jokes aside Steve, I have always had a realy good feeling about you. I would have loved for you to be my confidant ..but unfortunately I've already blabbed all my biz all over the Internet.:D

Peace

Couple of thoughts:

-I cut low as it looked like there was more solid wood there versus getting into that rotten section.
-Yes I did cut right through the hinge on the left side of the tree. It did go right where I wanted to though, between those little ash trees.

Good job brother! I don't think she was running right though. Sounds realy nice on the idle. Sounded like she was frozen to me, just wasn't coming up to power/speed.
Thank you.

If you listen at :50 and again at about 1:55 when I pull back on the saw it revs up nice.

Here's the saw again after the chain dulled a bit from cutting a couple dozen cookies. Not nearly as grabby.

I'll give you a pro tip bro; You got dogs?
I guess it doesn't realy matter...don't eat yellow snow..haha srry man.
When I cut an odd ball shaped trees and my oversized dogs (Westcoaster's) can't reach the tree then I tip cut on the back bar of my Humboldt angle cut. I take note of my far side distance of my flat cut (direction cut)
Visualize the angle I would need then shallow tip cut up my side to meet my top cut then bore in and cut down. (Much easier)

Another tip ,if have a wrap handle can make all your cuts standing in the same spot ,and use the bottom of your bar and the felling dogs to line up your cuts.Back barring you lose some control of your cuts.

Another tip ,if have a wrap handle can make all your cuts standing in the same spot ,and use the bottom of your bar and the felling dogs to line up your cuts.Back barring you lose some control of your cuts.
Much better options, yes. You can use the felling dogs to line up the cuts on one side:reading: it says right here in this book I'm reading:dizzy:. I personally rather set my angle Humboldt free hand from the front then move to the dog position. This way I can judge bar level by an automatic feel position. I judge my "45°" by an automatic anatomical feel position and it's only my .5 to 1 ratio opening to depth that I quickly sight in motion. "WOO WOO WOO FEELINGS
Who said "what's feelings got to do with it" anyway? Positioning is set by ??..what ever ..it's like aiming a gun. Use a rest, lock your wrist,lock your elbows. Steady at resistance (end at resistance and meet back up at the same shoulder resistance)
Habit has already dictated the form, it's in our biology.

Sometimes i cheat if want to connect my cuts in one shot using the dogs. I use the tip of my bar and carve where i want my cuts to be in the bark. I make my first face cut ,then draw in my humbolt with the bar tip in the bark. This allows me to dog in the corner i am on and i can eyeball my bar as it is cutting ,if do it right the cuts line up pretty close . Then do the same thing with the bar tip for the back cut and you have a line to follow with the bar , If learning still cut some trees down and leave the stumps high enough to make some practice felling face and back cuts. Much safer than whole trees for practice.

Aspen should only be cut with hand saw !! waste of good chainsaw gas! or maybe a pocket knife

Back