What saws to bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked good to me SVK. Don't listen to those guys. I back bar just as much if not more then lay in with the bottom. I start the bottom of my Humboldt from the front quarter. Then I hit the far corner of the tree if big enough then pull back to the near corner. If the tree is inside the tip I lay into that front quarter and then pull back up to the near quarter to dog in. Kind of a feel thing. I do like the sound of that saw. Number one rule of timber falling- never go into battle with an untested saw. Unless of course it's brand new. Then what are supposed to do?

I just knew westboast was hung like a hamster!

Looked good to me SVK. Don't listen to those guys. I back bar just as much if not more then lay in with the bottom. I start the bottom of my Humboldt from the front quarter. Then I hit the far corner of the tree if big enough then pull back to the near corner. If the tree is inside the tip I lay into that front quarter and then pull back up to the near quarter to dog in. Kind of a feel thing. I do like the sound of that saw. Number one rule of timber falling- never go into battle with an untested saw. Unless of course it's brand new. Then what are supposed to do?

I just knew westboast was hung like a hamster!
Appreciate the thoughts!

Except for cutting the hinge on the close side and the grabby chain I was pretty happy with the way it went.

I can't say I've ever had a chain that would nearly bog a 70 cc saw with gravity but now I do lol.

Back