What should I ask Mrs Claus for Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I ever run across a Solo Twin*, Brad, you'll be the first ASer I contact.

* The chances of me finding a Solo Twin in Houston are just slightly better than the chances of Jessica Alba offering to be my sugarmamma.

I am asking for a stihl FG2:)
I was seriously thinking about that. However, my chains only come off if they're bad enough to grind. I then put it back on the saw and take a couple swipes at it with the file-n-joint. I do all my typical sharpening on the saw with it as well. So, I don't see the FG2 fitting into my process, as nice as it is.

If you don't already have one of those 1/4" lithium ion impact drivers with the compact battery, that is a good one. Contractors use them all of the time but they seem to be the ticket for saw work too. I do not have one but it is on my list. The old 24 volt drill works well, but the new brushless impacts are SOOO small with the same power.

I have just recently gotten a dedicated toaster oven for my shop. That is a VERY handy tool for crank work. Plus the cases can be a bit dirtier now that they are not coming into the kitchen.

I was seriously thinking about that. However, my chains only come off if they're bad enough to grind. I then put it back on the saw and take a couple swipes at it with the file-n-joint. I do all my typical sharpening on the saw with it as well. So, I don't see the FG2 fitting into my process, as nice as it is.

Have you used Nik's?

If you don't already have one of those 1/4" lithium ion impact drivers with the compact battery, that is a good one. Contractors use them all of the time but they seem to be the ticket for saw work too. I do not have one but it is on my list. The old 24 volt drill works well, but the new brushless impacts are SOOO small with the same power.

I have just recently gotten a dedicated toaster oven for my shop. That is a VERY handy tool for crank work. Plus the cases can be a bit dirtier now that they are not coming into the kitchen.

Got one last weekend as part of a combo that came with a 20V drill too. The light weight battery and power is amazing. I already wonder how I did with out it taking things apart.

A small downpayment on a 3-D printer. This tech is getting seriously good for fabbing parts now. Think brand new NOS stuff for all the potential NLA parts demand out there.

I'm not a machinist, and all that equipment is expensive and has a steep learning curve, but I *am* a nerd, I could rock with a good setup like that.

Won't fit every situation, but..check 'em out.

This thread is implying that Brad is married to Mrs. Clause, and that is not true as that would make Brad the man... And we know he isn't! ..........

Santa Clause

The lithium impact driver in 18v is the bomb diggity.. cluches fly off the crank with mine, no need for stuffing the plug hole...:hmm3grin2orange:

Back