what should i do with this piston and cyl....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd very lightly hone the jug and clean the piston with scotch brite and put it back in service with new rings. Clean the living wee wee out of it before you put it back together.

the saw ran pretty strong....but i ripped it apart to see what i got since it was i used saw i picked up......since i have it all apart i'd rather do it right than just slap it back together.

Just get over with it and build on of these. This is none other than Roy Booth Jr. He was a great filer and racer. This picture taken at Roland's House. :blob5:

RoyBoothjr.jpg
:)

It's all about knowing who's posting them up on the web. Of course our resident Putz Cahoon has them all. I am sure you know where he posts them. I'll never tell where they are. :angel:

i'm gearing up for the next gtg......i just can't decide if i should send ed a 3120 or a 395 to build a pipe for
:)

3120 I am gearing up also. I have something up my sleave for the unlimited class. Are 2 carbs legal in the GTG unlimited class??? HAHAHA Ken if you want we can meet and run some saws anytime I have some nice 30" pine to fool with here at my house. Maybe the SedanMan could meet us also for a few hours.

is that a 603?......i tossed one in the trash about a month ago......too bad i could have saved it for a parts saw for ya.......but then again it's only 103cc's your going to need bigger than that .......

I,d just run a ball hone through the jug, wash the jug in your dishwasher, grab some new rings, scotch bright the piston and throw it back together. Thats probably why im an electriction. Jim

I've got a Q for Marky..I'm new to this forum (been browsing it for a few weeks now and the thinks I've seen & read have blown me away a bit)..after buying a Joh 2077 & 2095 for slabbing salvaged river logs..after years as a comp tech I've moved into commercial carving (worked several years contracting in the bush clear felling and skidding in early 80s)..I've spent several years hotrodding race carts and racing mini7s (British mini) and my attention (through this forum) is turning towards saws..Q:I want to keep my saws as practical as possible (at this stage anyway) other than using a pipe, has anyone come up with a better plan or unit other than hogging out standard mufflers (like I say, thats still practical)..the design of chainsaws makes it quite limiting aye!!

As for the piston/ring issue here..the ball hone for me, would seem a bit brutal on nikasil or chrome bores (I think they only come in 2 grades 80 & 150), but a lot of guys use them..I prefer to use 500grit W&dry to remove the polish patches from the bore in a honing cross hatch pattern (in this case), and 800 (around the piston, not up & down) for the scuffs on the piston..clean everything up with tergo strip (and hose off, like new) won't affect the plating.

Last edited:
Back