What the heck kind of chain is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
We had better watch what we say, or we may get a visit from

"VANGUARD ENG.".................

I actually would entertain the visit as "Theraputic".

In hell, there is a room full of Vanguard chains, a wildthingy, and a glass of ice water visible through a knothole in the 10' thick Oak walls.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Chains that bad I tell the customer it's not worth sharpening, because it'll take 20 minutes to get it sharp and lose half the tooth in the process. That Vanguard chain is always put on backwards by a lot of customers. I'm not sure why but 9/10 when a Poulan, or Husky from TSC or Lowes comes in for "not cutting worth a damn" it's that chain and it's on backwards.

Brmorgan

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
More like "rooted"

For aussie definition of "root" see www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html#R

Funny you mention that - I remember during the Sydney olympics there was a big to-do because of course all us Canucks showed up wearing our official "Roots" clothing. I thought it was hilarious but apparently there were some people who were genuinely offended. :dizzy:

ronT2

ronT2

ArboristSite Guru
Funny you mention that - I remember during the Sydney olympics there was a big to-do because of course all us Canucks showed up wearing our official "Roots" clothing. I thought it was hilarious but apparently there were some people who were genuinely offended. :dizzy:

Do you mean "ropeable"??? ;)

Thanks Bob, cool web site now I can brush up on my Aussie slang.

Latest posts