What the heck kind of chain is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VANGUARD chains are a peice of :censored: carlton chains are what I use semi chisel Ive had perrty good luck with them

Last edited:
We had better watch what we say, or we may get a visit from

"VANGUARD ENG.".................

I actually would entertain the visit as "Theraputic".

In hell, there is a room full of Vanguard chains, a wildthingy, and a glass of ice water visible through a knothole in the 10' thick Oak walls.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Chains that bad I tell the customer it's not worth sharpening, because it'll take 20 minutes to get it sharp and lose half the tooth in the process. That Vanguard chain is always put on backwards by a lot of customers. I'm not sure why but 9/10 when a Poulan, or Husky from TSC or Lowes comes in for "not cutting worth a damn" it's that chain and it's on backwards.

no thats not a ROOT chain that an all day chain. because it will take you all day to cut one peice of wood:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

More like "rooted"

For aussie definition of "root" see www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html#R

Funny you mention that - I remember during the Sydney olympics there was a big to-do because of course all us Canucks showed up wearing our official "Roots" clothing. I thought it was hilarious but apparently there were some people who were genuinely offended. :dizzy:

Funny you mention that - I remember during the Sydney olympics there was a big to-do because of course all us Canucks showed up wearing our official "Roots" clothing. I thought it was hilarious but apparently there were some people who were genuinely offended. :dizzy:

Do you mean "ropeable"??? ;)

Thanks Bob, cool web site now I can brush up on my Aussie slang.

Latest posts

Back