what to do when you cant climb anymore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping I wasn't the last one left with that attitude. The fellows I learned the most from I'll always remember the best, were also the ones who treated me right, from employment to war to friends. The rest can live with whatever lives they manage.

Boat?!?!

That's still the goal. The reason I want to keep building this tree service is to trade it for the boat. Instead of television every night I'm re-learning navigation. And the hair? The secret with that is left-handed scissors and a mirror on three walls. And yeah, it still comes out a bit ratty.

I think the employee relationship thing is important too Greg. Was reading an article from a magazine about enterprize building and it focused on how to protect your inventory from inside theft, citing a statistic about 70% of all employees steal. Cameras, lie detector tests, search warrants, etc. All of it was built on trust, or in this case...lack of. I feel that they created the environment and employee attitude to led to this. Goes around comes around.

Oh, and that "take home" figure, I'll still need to take two new 200t's and a Bandit 60 out of it. My wife works and I also consult onsome leftover disease management. In the end and the published rules indicate I am still part of America's "poor". If I weren't a guinea pig for cancer research, which might end soon, I'll have to pay $3,000 a month for catastrophic care. Anything else breaks I've got a policy.

Rather be poor like this than rich like Martha. Or Kenny.

Just be sure you didn't sign a non-compete with your old employer....you could find yourself in a boatload of hot water!

Non-competes are as valid as a "not responsible for accidents" clause. Both worthless as the document they are written on. Try it out, you'll be suprized.

I haven't worked for another employer in trees since the 1970's. My contract work is always by invitation, never signed a single contract except for where they can send the money and how much. I can't believe workers are caving-in to clauses in "mandatory" obligations, must be out of fear to question. Two bit employers are on the bandwagon to limit liability and talk trash about attorneys but the first place they go to procure a document that they want to protect themselves with are....a lawyer's office. Not very good ones either apparently, because litigation so far has been successfully challenging these "threat" ammendments.

My lawyer told me it go ahead and sign whatever my employer wants.If its not legal its not worth the paper..and he could get anything thrown out of court.

Latest posts

Back