What to do with old mixed gas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biscuit141

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have about 2 gallons of mixed gas from last season. I need to get it out of my container so I can mix fresh gas. Any ideas? Would it hurt my truck to dump it in the tank with 20 gallons of regular gas thats in there?

I have about 2 gallons of mixed gas from last season. I need to get it out of my container so I can mix fresh gas. Any ideas? Would it hurt my truck to dump it in the tank with 20 gallons of regular gas thats in there?

lube the valves! :D honestly, i wouldnt do it

do you have a garage that heats with waste oil around?
i take a couple gallons or so of gas down to the road to mine sometimes and they mix it in with the oil and burn it in the heater
please dont dump it out in the grass or something like some people do

I just ran a gallon through my truck (same situation - last season's gas). I rinsed it down with some fresh though. I would make sure I put 2 gallons of old gas into a full-tank (or at leas 15 gallons) just to be sure.

get an old jap suv, couple of 20lb propane tanks, some firecrackers, and your old gas. put everything together and drive to the most crowded area near you, then park it with the four-way on and run like its going to blow up.
next you get to talk to the nice men from the FBI

seriously put it in your truck or lawnmower

I'd shake the can really good and then poor some out in a glass jar and let it settle for a few minutes to see if it has absorbed any water. If the fuel is clear and smells good I'd run it in the lawn mower. :cheers:

My 1940 9N Ford tractor loves mix, and about any other fuel you pour in it.

All the carb metering parts are brass, and the carb is cast iron, so it even loves the new 10% "corn fuel " .

Love that tractor, fix almost anything with a screwdriver and adjustable wrench. Runs all day on a 7-gal tank of gas.........

Dump it in your car, mower , just about anything that you can burn it up pretty quick. I've been running 2 stroke in all my stuff from my atv to the lawnmower. It keeps my 2 stroke fuel load fresh when I need it. I end up with about 5 gallons of crap fuel every week. I give it to the junk man. He sucks all of it but the bottom inch and uses it in his truck. The excess crude goes into the car he is junking

If it looks OK

I will pour it into the truck or old tractor, If it looks or smells really bad,
then brushpiles or whatever.
Weedkilling: I have noticed glyphosphate (generic roundup) is about
1/2 price this year. One of the local farm stores had a sale last week
on the Pronto brand 2 1/2 gallons @ 41% for $40. I mix it 2 oz. per gallon and
use it in a garden sprayer. It is not fast acting, but will kill grass &
weeds.

Back