What to set the coil/flywheel gap on a 334t husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dufrain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought this 334t husky.Its like new but it wouldnt oil.I thought for some reason the oiler was bad so I began trying to see how to get to it.You have to completely tear this thing down to the point where you could unbolt the cylinder and rering it to get to the oiler.ANyway the hose was just off the oiler,So it back on and I am reassembling.I need to know the gap to set the coil .Thanx for any help. Another question what would be a good chain to put on this ,I have never had a husky.

I've used a handy thick piece of paper to set the coil gap on all the different saws I've worked on. Seems to work.

Thanx for the replys.It says on the pdf set the gap beween bot upper arms.there are 3 arms.Does that mean the center and the one closest to the top of the saw or the ones other than the center one.

Ah, the multi arm "John Bonnham style".
OK upgrade to an index card, bring the magnets around to the coil, let it draw the coil in and tighten her down.
drum.gif

I would like to repeat and repeat; set the paper between the coil and that part of the flywheel with the magnet in it; this is the absolute closest part of the flywheel. If you shoud set it to any other part of the flywheel other than the magnet, then when the magnet comes around it will "HIT" the coil. When cranking, this could break off the pawls that engage the flywheel when you pull the rope. And it could make a sudden stop that is unmistakable. So after you set the gap at the magnet portion of the flywheel, do yourself a favor and rotate the flywheel one complete rpm to be sure its properly gapped. Better safe than sorry.

Thats the way I did it,It runs fine,thanx guys.Anyone recommend a good chain for this saw.

Latest posts

Back